Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

If the BBC was serious about providing a public service it would get these folk on their shows and machine gun them. Anyone who responds to a request "do you want to be on a tv show about learning to buy cheaper yoghurt?" deserves to go.

Is this the show where it's revealed they have 8 cheeses in the fridge yet always buy new ones?

The same show where they swap out foods and take the labels off so the family can't tell what it is, and they're always absolutely adamant that it's 'their' brand and not the swapped out one, and when they find out it's the swapped out one they are utterly amazed, and find the entire process absolutely hilarious for some reason?

I hate that show.

Folk that say the hot weather is beautiful / gorgeous / lovely but then complain about it being muggy at night.

15 degrees and dry with light white cloud never seems to annoy anyone, and for that reason I declare that this is the definition of perfect weather.

45 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Is this the show where it's revealed they have 8 cheeses in the fridge yet always buy new ones?

The same show where they swap out foods and take the labels off so the family can't tell what it is, and they're always absolutely adamant that it's 'their' brand and not the swapped out one, and when they find out it's the swapped out one they are utterly amazed, and find the entire process absolutely hilarious for some reason?

I hate that show.

No this one was different, it was just about shops. Not the people who discover that buying a seasoned chicken breast for a fiver is more expensive than buying a pack of several breasts and the seasoning separately.

On 23/11/2016 at 20:50, The_Kincardine said:

The cash-point at High Wycombe station has options that include: "Check Balance and Cash" and "Cash Only"  if you choose the latter it then asks if you want to check your balance.  No I fucking don't - that's why I chose the 'cash only' option. 

Heads should roll for this.

More on the High Wycombe cashpoint.  I got a train to London earlyish yesterday morning and drew £20 before buying my ticket.  The bloke in front of me had left his advice slip so, of course, I had a butchers.  His current account balance was £40,783.

Any P&Bers keep such sums in their current a/c?  Dealers?  Hoors?  Ching?

20 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

More on the High Wycombe cashpoint.  I got a train to London earlyish yesterday morning and drew £20 before buying my ticket.  The bloke in front of me had left his advice slip so, of course, I had a butchers.  His current account balance was £40,783.

Bet it wasn't after he renewed his annual ticket.

28 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Bet it wasn't after he renewed his annual ticket.

I don't do an annual ticket any longer but it's about £5K if you include the choob.  He could have paid for 7 of us and bought a decent round of drinks.

Edit:  Miserable fucker.

Edited by The_Kincardine

58 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

My uncle's one bit of advice to me was to keep other people's balance statements and when handing out your number to a lassie write it on the statement.
It doesn't work now with everyone having a mobile phones and Facebook making everyone BE A WARE, but it was a simpler time.

2 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

My uncle's one bit of advice to me was to keep other people's balance statements and when handing out your number to a lassie write it on the statement.

:thumsup2 If ever you're looking for an 'alternative view' P&B never fails to deliver.  A Charles duly delivered.

23 hours ago, jmothecat said:

I have a lot of colleagues on Facebook and there are a handful of people I've never met in person but know online who I'm friends with on Facebook.

Delete them. Keep worlds separate! 

15 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Only if i'm a bit hard up that month.

15 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Not a good idea - you could end up owning Rangers. 

1) Girl in the office that closes a tab in Chrome and reopens a new blank one whenever she wants to change a web address.

2) This one has probably been repeated on a seasonal basis since the inception of this thread, but f*** it: Folk that go mental whenever a little furry bumble bee comes within a mile of them. I'm sure that smashing it with the back of your hand will resolve the situation.

Thankfully we're only in bee season so far. I've not actually seen any wasps yet, although they're obviously out there seeing as I destroyed a couple of early wasp bikes in my shed last month. Hunners of bumble bees in the garden this year though, which is unusual as we usually only get the wee brownish honey bee ones that I've yet to see any of.

8 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

1) Girl in the office that closes a tab in Chrome and reopens a new blank one whenever she wants to change a web address.

2) This one has probably been repeated on a seasonal basis since the inception of this thread, but f*** it: Folk that go mental whenever a little furry bumble bee comes within a mile of them. I'm sure that smashing it with the back of your hand will resolve the situation.

Thankfully we're only in bee season so far. I've not actually seen any wasps yet, although they're obviously out there seeing as I destroyed a couple of early wasp bikes in my shed last month. Hunners of bumble bees in the garden this year though, which is unusual as we usually only get the wee brownish honey bee ones that I've yet to see any of.

Leave the bees alone and smash the stupid hysterical c**t with the back of your hand. IMO.