Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 minute ago, throbber said:

Not anymore, I have been cutting back until last night.

Standard Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday night in the throbber household.

People who slag off firemen "because they have a cushy life - they spend half their shift asleep or playing snooker..."

John Mcternan-
'Firemen only work 2% of their shift,there's no fires anymore.'

When working at people's houses and they ask if you would like a tea or coffee. 

Me: " No thanks but a glass of water would be fine."

Customer: " There's cans of juice in the fridge if you want one"

Me: " No, a glass of water would be great, thanks"

Customer: " Do you want some diluting orange in it?"

Me: " Water's fine thanks."

Customer eventually brings the glass of water. "Are you sure you don't want juice or a can from the fridge?"

Fuxake, why do people have to make something simple into a major event.

11 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

When working at people's houses and they ask if you would like a tea or coffee. 

Me: " No thanks but a glass of water would be fine."

Customer: " There's cans of juice in the fridge if you want one"

Me: " No, a glass of water would be great, thanks"

Customer: " Do you want some diluting orange in it?"

Me: " Water's fine thanks."

Customer eventually brings the glass of water. "Are you sure you don't want juice or a can from the fridge?"

Fuxake, why do people have to make something simple into a major event.

Customers juice not good enough for ye?

I've took the odd cup of tea or coffee in the past but I never take anything to eat apart from a biscuit. Nothing worse than when people try to force food on you then cast it back up later when they moan about the bill. Was on one job where there was about 9 of us doing a large attic conversion. The couple in the house cooked a full 3 course Christmas dinner for everybody. I just ate my sandwiches in my van. Job ended up going tits up for the others when the couple started quibbling over prices at the end of the job.

I've took the odd cup of tea or coffee in the past but I never take anything to eat apart from a biscuit. Nothing worse than when people try to force food on you then cast it back up later when they moan about the bill. Was on one job where there was about 9 of us doing a large attic conversion. The couple in the house cooked a full 3 course Christmas dinner for everybody. I just ate my sandwiches in my van. Job ended up going tits up for the others when the couple started quibbling over prices at the end of the job.

What line of work are you in??

53 minutes ago, supermik said:

1 minute ago, philpy said:

What line of work are you in??

Tricky but my gut feeling is that he's an osteopath.

Right, you've made a total c**t of the job so I'm no paying you in full and add to that I'll be deducting £12 for a the dinner you all had as well...