Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

24 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

I used to be like that. 6'2", 13st from the age of 16 and could eat what I wanted without putting a single lb on my skinny frame.

Then I hit 40. Jogging down some stairs I realised I had tits! (quite enjoyed it so jogged down them again). Now I vary between 16 and 17st and can't shift a gut that looks like I'm pregnant.

I was like that until i was 23, could spend all day eating shite and see no weight increase. I can just remember my jeans getting tight, been struggling to shift it recently but making an effort of it since christmas. 

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Hitting 40 and stopping doing heavy physical work did it for me. Spent a summer putting up marquees and went right back to normal. Need to find some form of exercise that isn't excruciatingly boring.

I'd always recommend boxing. Most gyms will run some sort of fitness class where you can learn the skills and go through the training without getting hit. Never done anything like it that's as good at getting you trimmer. 

Joe Simpson & Boney F***ing M.

I watched Touching the Void on a cheery New Years Day and since then that bloody Brown Girl in the Ring song has randomly jumped into my head at least ten times every since day because of this scene (even whilst watching Die Hard 2 amongst other films):  

Edited by Hedgecutter

Joe Simpson & Boney F***ing M.
I watched Touching the Void on a cheery New Years Day and since then that bloody Brown Girl in the Ring song has randomly jumped into my head at least ten times every since day because of this scene (even whilst watching Die Hard 2 amongst other films):  

"she loves it with the boaby up her bum. Bum bum."

I have driven all the way up to Aberdeen for something which have taken me an hour or two at most. Can't do it because someone's alarmed the building I need into and everyone's still on holiday. So I'm going to have to come back up at some point this week. Raging doesn't cover it.

People who stand on the tarmac at the bottom of the steps to a plane having a fag, either just come off or just getting on a flight. Are you that fuckin desperate?

Assuming you're making that up, it would be like smoking while filling up your car.

6 minutes ago, Jake Burns said:

People who stand on the tarmac at the bottom of the steps to a plane having a fag, either just come off or just getting on a flight. Are you that fuckin desperate?

Yup, because you can definitely do that.

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Assuming you're making that up, it would be like smoking while filling up your car.

Saw a Spanish policeman of all people doing just that in Marbella many years ago!

Got tae f*ck out that forecourt as fast as I could.

1 hour ago, Widge said:

I have driven all the way up to Aberdeen for something which have taken me an hour or two at most. Can't do it because someone's alarmed the building I need into and everyone's still on holiday. So I'm going to have to come back up at some point this week. Raging doesn't cover it.

How do you alarm a building?

Run up to it and shout "Wooooooo I'm going to blow you up you big bricky bastart"?

Saw a Spanish policeman of all people doing just that in Marbella many years ago!
Got tae f*ck out that forecourt as fast as I could.

When I was in Mauritius, I hired a Suzuki soft top jeep type thing for the day. When I stopped at a petrol station to fill up, the guy was straight over to fill it, fag in hand while the engine was still running.

How do you alarm a building?

Run up to it and shout "Wooooooo I'm going to blow you up you big bricky bastart"?

Well steel framed, but yeah pretty much. I believe popping a ballon would also do the trick