Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Whoever it was on P&B who pointed out foreshadowing by Match of the Day commentators

This player's on a yellow card! They're really good and their team would struggle if they got another yellow and got sent off! Oh look they've been sent off 8 seconds later. What a rotten but of luck.

When I was stupid I didn't see this and the programme was vaguely tolerable.

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Whoever it was on P&B who pointed out foreshadowing by Match of the Day commentators

This player's on a yellow card! They're really good and their team would struggle if they got another yellow and got sent off! Oh look they've been sent off 8 seconds later. What a rotten but of luck.

With potted highlights it's pretty much a stick-on if they bother to show a booking it's the first of two.

Either that or it might be such a totally gash game that that passes for a highlight.

On this, they'll only show you a sub being made if the player coming on is going to do something of note. Sorry if I've spoiled it further.

Fucking mental - played cluedo for 2 hours with my parents and now watching BBC1 which is fun I suppose. You?

2 hours on Cluedo?! You're clearly no fucking Columbo then Throbbs? :lol:

Folk who can't pronounce Auld Lang Syne correctly. It's an 'S', not a 'Z'.

9 hours ago, NorthernJambo said:

On this, they'll only show you a sub being made if the player coming on is going to do something of note. Sorry if I've spoiled it further.

I used to avoid the scores before watching MOTD because I really enjoyed guessing whether he would score the winner or get sent off.

10 hours ago, throbber said:

Fucking mental - played cluedo for 2 hours with my parents and now watching BBC1 which is fun I suppose. You?

Did you forget to put any cards in the little envelope?

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Folk who can't pronounce Auld Lang Syne correctly. It's an 'S', not a 'Z'.

Worse: People who sing "We'll take a cup o' kindness yet, for the sake of Auld Lang Syne!"

It's just "...for Auld Lang Syne!" FFS!

11 hours ago, throbber said:

I'm playing Cluedo tonight. What a crazy coincidence.

35 minutes ago, throbber said:

No I don't work for them honestly, otherwise I would be touting the game at around Christmas time so you can take my word for it.

I'd like to try this Cards Against Humanity. I've got no idea what it involves but apparently it causes loads of arguments. Sounds gid.

5 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I'd like to try this Cards Against Humanity. I've got no idea what it involves but apparently it causes loads of arguments. Sounds gid.

There's an online version, give the free version a bash. 

I have an American friend who, as we live in the Philippines, insisted that Thanksgiving should be celebrated on the Friday here, not the Thursday as it would be Friday here when it was Thursday there. I'm just wondering now at what time and date he'd celebrate New Year based on his fucked up logic.

He's gone back to USA so I'll need to wait until next year to clarify.

13 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Hal Robson-Kanu, noted striker, plays for West Brom (when did this happen?) and wears #4.

Last night when watching the English Championship highlights on C5 I saw that Steven Fletcher was wearing #6.