Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Uh-huh......not really what I meant but glad to hear it.

I was meaning more average joe in the street. Not Well-educated Uni types.

You should be sticking up for me, you actually know me! I aint coming down to your house to watch The Shining and eat pizza EVER again! :lol:;)

Not so much gets on my nerves,but makes me very angry-players who look completely disinterested while playing for your team and just give up and allow the opposition to rip the pish if they go one or two goals down.

Dunfermline Athletic FC- Ruining my weekends since 1994.

How could another car door hit my car door if I was parked in a parent and child bay? In Tesco you can open your door fully on both sides and not hit the car parked in the adjacent bay! Have you ever seen one of those bays!

I am 100% certain it happened at work, in a normal bay, caused by someone hitting my car door with theirs. When at work, I use staff bays normally but on the rare occasion they are full, I'll use a parent and child bay unless they are busy.

I do not think that makes me - in general - a person with a disrespectful attitude. I cannot believe I get accused of jumping on my high horse on this forum (Indeed, Im sure you've said it in the past) when the likes of you are kicking about around here! :lol:

It may not have been a car door, it may have been a trolley or something similar. Since you didnt see it the only thing you can say it was likely to have been a car door when you were parked where you were. I take it you dont even know when it happened that you are not sure? it could have been weeks before you saw it :unsure:

We are jumping on our high horses in this case because of your disrespectful attitude towards the parking spaces (you dont like the idea that your attitude is disrespectful, but im afraid it is). It is also a snobby way of being disrespectful, in that you are doing so because you feel your car is more important than other peoples cars that you should not have to park somewhere it might get scratched but others should.

And as for me saying you jump on your high horse, i doubt i ever have. I may have said you said something snobby, but that is quite different from jumping on your high horse ;)

You should be sticking up for me, you actually know me! I aint coming down to your house to watch The Shining and eat pizza EVER again! :lol:;)

Thats it, you have broke his heart now. :lol:

Don't, you'll get the wee laddies jealous again ;)

Any other time, I would stick up for you. But I think it is a bit of an indication of the attitude in this country. There is a general lack of respect these days.

I still think you should walk. Tulloch isn't that scary these days. Mind you, walking past the 208 at night would probably scare me shitless and all :D

My dad used to come and meet me from work before I got my car most nights, even he didn't want me to walk home on my own. It's not where I live that scares me, I have to walk past McDiarmid Park and then a farm road, a field and then a crematorium. That park of the Crieff Road isn't really populated and any sort of weirdos could be lurking behind those bushes. Plus, it's getting colder now as well so no, I won't walk! :)

You know I'm actually quite polite though. I even spoke to you in the street one day despite the fact that you walked right past me. :(

Public transport :angry:

I don't use it very much, but when I do, I expect it to at least be fucknig acceptable.

I waited an hour and fifteen minutes to get a fucking bus home, and thats at a station!

If it says on the timetable that the bus is to be there at 22:25, then it should fucking be there... it shouldn't turn up at 22:40, for the driver to say he's away to change bus and he'll be back at 23:15 :angry:

Ended up with Colin McRae driving us home - Speed Bumps are not a fucking challenge, ya fucking moron.

It may not have been a car door, it may have been a trolley or something similar. Since you didnt see it the only thing you can say it was likely to have been a car door when you were parked where you were. I take it you dont even know when it happened that you are not sure? it could have been weeks before you saw it :unsure:

We are jumping on our high horses in this case because of your disrespectful attitude towards the parking spaces (you dont like the idea that your attitude is disrespectful, but im afraid it is). It is also a snobby way of being disrespectful, in that you are doing so because you feel your car is more important than other peoples cars that you should not have to park somewhere it might get scratched but others should.

And as for me saying you jump on your high horse, i doubt i ever have. I may have said you said something snobby, but that is quite different from jumping on your high horse ;)

Thats it, you have broke his heart now. :lol:

To be honest, all of that is fair enough.

I think a line needs to be drawn on how often you should take other people into account over and above your own possessions, feelings and needs though. I don't think I'm disrespectful, snobby or selfish by any stretch of the imagination but I do know what certain things mean to me and won't always consider other people over myself. Personally speaking, I don't think there's anything wrong with caring more about yourself than other people sometimes. I think leaning too much in the other direction is stupid.

He made me watch that shite from beginning right through to the end. What an absolute pile of rubbish The Shining is! Damn you, Gavie! <_<

Public transport :angry:

I don't use it very much, but when I do, I expect it to at least be fucknig acceptable.

I waited an hour and fifteen minutes to get a fucking bus home, and thats at a station!

If it says on the timetable that the bus is to be there at 22:25, then it should fucking be there... it shouldn't turn up at 22:40, for the driver to say he's away to change bus and he'll be back at 23:15 :angry:

Ended up with Colin McRae driving us home - Speed Bumps are not a fucking challenge, ya fucking moron.

Sounds about right to me...... :lol:

Personally speaking, I don't think there's anything wrong with caring more about yourself than other people sometimes. I think leaning too much in the other direction is stupid.

I'd agree with you there 100% but I think holding your car, which would be perfectly fine in a normal space 99% of the time, in higher regard than another person is completely disrespectful.

I'd agree with you there 100% but I think holding your car, which would be perfectly fine in a normal space 99% of the time, in higher regard than another person is completely disrespectful.

And I would agree, if I was one of these people who parks in between two bays all of the time, or parks in parent and child bays all of the time but the fact that I've probably only had to do in once in the last two months makes me feel that this is just being completely blown out of proportion. :)

Edited to add - the point I was making that you quoted was more of a general point than directly related to this. I only ever do it - as I've repeated time and time again - IF there are no staff bays because I hate leaving it where the general public park for nine hours at a time. It doesn't happen often and I don't think it's wrong.

Edited by SaintSam

Personally speaking, I don't think there's anything wrong with caring more about yourself than other people sometimes. I think leaning too much in the other direction is stupid.

I do agree with some things, mostly my own/friends and families health but as i said before it is only a car. Your insurance will cover the cost of getting the scratches taken out if you want to, and if not it doesnt actually harm the running of the car, so save up the money to get it fixed if you are that "ashamed" of the scratch or worried about it.

However, your excuse is certainly better than something like "because i feel like it" or " i was in a rush so had no time to find a different parking space" that some people come out with :rolleyes:

I do agree with some things, mostly my own/friends and families health but as i said before it is only a car. Your insurance will cover the cost of getting the scratches taken out if you want to, and if not it doesnt actually harm the running of the car, so save up the money to get it fixed if you are that "ashamed" of the scratch or worried about it.

However, your excuse is certainly better than something like "because i feel like it" or " i was in a rush so had no time to find a different parking space" that some people come out with :rolleyes:

You make it sound like I do it all of the time though. I'm not sure if you're deliberately ignoring the fact that I've said I only ever do it when Im going to work if there are no regular spaces in the staff area.

I wouldn't park in one of these bays during the day to go shopping for instance, because I'm only there for a short period of time and personally think - however warped the thought might appear to you - the chance of my car getting damaged is much smaller in a small time than if there are dozens of cars pulling up either side for the nine hours I'm at work for.

I appreciate why you, and other people might think it's an instance of me being disrespectful towards other people but personally, I don't think it even matters given how rarely I do it. If I did it all of the time, I'd understand the strength of your feeling and probably agree that I was a right little rude git, but I don't.

Thats what you get for having that much excess then ;)

I'll have you know that that is a compulsory excess due to my age. :angry:

Hasn't a law just been passed that makes age discrimination illegal, though? I'm sure Tesco have been forced to pay employees under the age of 18 the same rate as people over the age of 18 now due to some law that was passed a couple of weeks ago. :unsure:

Hasn't a law just been passed that makes age discrimination illegal, though? I'm sure Tesco have been forced to pay employees under the age of 18 the same rate as people over the age of 18 now due to some law that was passed a couple of weeks ago. :unsure:

Sexual discrimination is also illegal, but that doesn't stop the likes of Shielas Wheels or Diamond... :rolleyes:

Sexual discrimination is also illegal, but that doesn't stop the likes of Shielas Wheels or Diamond... :rolleyes:

That's just a gimmick!

Diamond gave me a quote of £1800 last year - hardly cheaper car insurance for women, is it? Tesco gave me a quote of £700!