Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

What's the big deal! I'm hardly one to jump to the defence of Sam (but someone mentioned recently she's hot, so now i'm gonna ;) ), but come on. I never park in disabled spaces (then again my car is a wreck and I don't really give a f'ck about it) but I know TONS of people who do. There are always plenty of disabled spots left in case someone who is in need of one enters the car park; there are far worse crimes being committed out there. I'm sure you're not a stringent obeyer of the law ;):P

I never said there weren`t far worse crimes, i just pointed out that it shows a lack of respect towards disabled people that able bodied people park in their parking spaces (same with mother and child). I think as well as a lack of respect towards them, its also pure laziness. As for being a stringent obeyer of the law, yes sometimes i will break the law. However i also have a lot more respect for other people than is being shown by Sam/Dubya and the TONS of people that you know who do so.

Which I hope was caused by some mother struggling to get her child strapped into it's child seat in limited space because all the mother & toddler spaces were taken up by some equally inconsiderate driver as yourself!

There is NO excuse for any able bodied driver using a Disabled or mother & toddler space, no matter what time of day or night!!.

If I had my way, cars doing this would be clamped, with a really hefty fine attached!

As BT says this type of attitude is just typical of the lack of respect and consideration for others which is all too prevalent in this society of ours today _ really sad!

Thankyou.

I don't want my car to get damaged, therefore I take necessary steps to avoid it happening, and that involves when at work - if I can't park in the staff areas - parking in the first or second parent and child bay closest to them. My car is sitting there for sometimes nine hours at a time, I like to reduce the risk of some fanny bashing it whilst it sits for so long. The chance of it being damaged around the staff entrance are so low because customers don't really know that part of the car park exists but sometimes it can be full.

Hardly the crime of the century and not something I'm going to stop doing if the staff bays are full and the parent and child bays empty although under extreme circumstances like the odd occasion I work on a Saturday afternoon and only one parent and child bay was empty, I wouldn't use it. I only do it when there are enough to go round and I know I'll get away with it as a result. I'm not completely inconsiderate!

I park in normal bays when I go shopping (because I won't be there for long), unless - as I agreed with Fudge - it's late at night, then it's basically a free for all. B)

How do you know that for the full 9 hours you are at work that there will be enough to go round? Shall we just call you Mystic Sam?

Guest bairnbabe

Could I point out that it's not actually against the law to park in the parent and child bay at Tesco Perth, Gareth? I'm no criminal! ;)

Maybe not against the law Sam, but it is common curtesy to leave parent and child bays alone for parent and child.

Could I point out that it's not actually against the law to park in the parent and child bay at Tesco Perth, Gareth? I'm no criminal! ;)

Of course not!

Just ethically challenged :P

Maybe not against the law Sam, but it is common curtesy to leave parent and child bays alone for parent and child.

I'm not always courteous to other people, it doesn't make me disrespectful, rude or contemptable though! Just makes me normal, and ethically challenged apparently! :ph34r::lol:

On the topic of parking spaces, can I just say that Tescos in Falkirk (Retail Park) and the one in Stirling, will announce for the owner of a car to return to their car if it is parked in a parent and child/disabled bay without a sticker or permit to park there.

I used to do that all the time when I worked on the Customer Service Desk. I also used to go into the car park with my yellow jacket on and put a sticker on the windscreens of cars that were parked in disabled bays without a badge.

I don't see the point in parent and child spaces, and if I had a car, I would park in one. I wouldn't, however, park in a disabled space.

The point is that they give people with children more room to manouvere. For example, mum goes with her two children, one a baby and one a toddler, to tesco in the car. She has to get both of these children out of the car on her own, get them into a pram or a trolley, and do her shopping. When you've finished the shopping, you've got to get all the shopping into the back of the car and get the kids sitting in their seats. You try doing that in a normal sized parking bay. I struggle to get myself out of my car when I'm in a car park that's as full as Tesco's usually is, nevermind two kids on top of that.

I'm not always courteous to other people, it doesn't make me disrespectful, rude or contemptable though! Just makes me normal, and ethically challenged apparently! :ph34r::lol:

:unsure::unsure:

Surely if you are not courteous to other people, it DOES make you disrespectful and rude towards them? :blink::blink:

You're all a bunch of dogooders, or more likely, probably would park in a diabled bay for 2 mins during the night, but don't want to say it on here because you want to be popular.

Definately not in LiviClydes case! He's undoubtedly as sensible as he comes across on here! ;)

Definately not in LiviClydes case! He's undoubtedly as sensible as he comes across on here! ;)

If that was the case, I wouldn't BE on here!

Fudge, I had a severely handicapped brother and a mother who had limited mobility in her later years and, I am accutely aware of the importance of leaving disbled spaces for the purpose they are intended.

I have never knowingly parked in a disabled space unless one of them was with me, and it really hasn't made my life any harder! It's really not difficult to walk an extra 10 yards, or even an extra 100 yards if that what it takes!

Although I can see both sides of the parking argument here, it does really boil down to the attitudes of people in this country. Nobody gives a f**k about respect or manners anymore and it makes me a wee bit sad. I generally try to be as polite and curteous as possible in shops etc and I get a bit annoyed at folk that don't bother their arses.

Manners cost f**k all but hardly anyone seems to care anymore.

Where's my pipe and slippers?

I'm not going to be labelled uncourteous and disrespectful because on the odd occasion at work, I'll use a parent and child bay and I'll park in an empty row of disabled bays at 10pm at night! :lol:

I actually think, in general, I'm a very courteous person but yes, there are times when I could be courteous and fail to be. I don't think it's as big a deal as the likes of bluetooner would make out though, I can't do everything to the PC brigades approval all of the time. :)

To be honest, I'm an inconsiderate b*****d, and to be quite frank don't give a flying f**k if some mother has to struggle for 2 minutes longer because i want to park close to the store. The fact is, there are so many disabled/parent child bays that this would never happen.

I can see half of you fuming with anger at my blatant lack of respect for people. There is absolutely no point in telling me how shocking this is, my attitude will not change. There is always PLENTY of disabled spoaces as there are about 200 of them. GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE

Can you give me 1 good reason that you HAVE to park closer to the shops? :blink: and then we will get off our high horses ;)

I'm not going to be labelled uncourteous and disrespectful because on the odd occasion at work, I'll use a parent and child bay and I'll park in an empty row of disabled bays at 10pm at night! :lol:

I actually think, in general, I'm a very courteous person but yes, there are times when I could be courteous and fail to be. I don't think it's as big a deal as the likes of bluetooner would make out though, I can't do everything to the PC brigades approval all of the time. :)

If you are that worried about being labelled uncourteous and disrespectful, then dont park in these just because you want to make sure noone scratches your car (again you havent admitted it may have even been when you were parking in the child/mother spot or anywhere else anyway :unsure:

If you are that worried about being labelled uncourteous and disrespectful, then dont park in these just because you want to make sure noone scratches your car (again you havent admitted it may have even been when you were parking in the child/mother spot or anywhere else anyway :unsure:

How could another car door hit my car door if I was parked in a parent and child bay? In Tesco you can open your door fully on both sides and not hit the car parked in the adjacent bay! Have you ever seen one of those bays!

I am 100% certain it happened at work, in a normal bay, caused by someone hitting my car door with theirs. When at work, I use staff bays normally but on the rare occasion they are full, I'll use a parent and child bay unless they are busy.

I do not think that makes me - in general - a person with a disrespectful attitude. I cannot believe I get accused of jumping on my high horse on this forum (Indeed, Im sure you've said it in the past) when the likes of you are kicking about around here! :lol:

Although I can see both sides of the parking argument here, it does really boil down to the attitudes of people in this country. Nobody gives a f**k about respect or manners anymore and it makes me a wee bit sad. I generally try to be as polite and curteous as possible in shops etc and I get a bit annoyed at folk that don't bother their arses.

Manners cost f**k all but hardly anyone seems to care anymore.

Where's my pipe and slippers?

Would disagree with that. Most people I encounter are generally well mannered, particularly at Uni. I don't think it's a problem with society as a whole, just the odd few. I can only vouch for myself but I always hold doors open, give up my seat on a bus, make sure she is as happy as I am ;) etc.

Mind you, you'll always get those who insist on parking in f'cking disabled spaces :rolleyes::P