Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Brushed and Oiled oak solid 18x120, and uv lacquered oak 18x120. No sure on prices. We can get other flooring from a supplier in livi.

I'll pop round and see what deals you can do for me, I'll make sure I arrive at least ten minutes before the end of your shift.

What are you wanting then? Oak flooring? 

If Philpy gives me it at trade price.

I've got nowt to with the prices bobby

Apologies, I thought you worked in the showroom.

Bomar carpets and blinds at the leith end of ferry road was a popular flooring shop among people in my block.

I was going to have a look at a few places down Seafield on Saturday, I'll look in here too thanks.

On a slight tangent we have fortnightly bin collections as well, in the sense that we have a recycling bin and a general waste bin which go out on alternate weeks.  Fairly uninteresting stuff and it in and of itself doesn't cause any problems.

One of my neighbours though is a complete c###, as he sticks his bin out on bin day but then doesn't bother his arse to collect the thing for three or four days.  That in itself doesn't bother me, but because he leaves it sitting on the kerb for days on end occasionally some dog walker or other will decide rather than carry their dog dirt around with them they'll pop it in his bin as they pass.  Or alternately maybe some kid will stick their empty can of Irn Bru in there rather than just chucking it onto the street.  He'll eventually sortie out, flip up the lid, and if this has happened tip his bin over and empty the bagged dog crap or whatever out into the street.  He'll then blithely swan off bin in tow leaving a mound of dogshit wrapped in plastic or a pile of litter on the road for someone else to clean up.  Thankfully he stays a few doors down so it isn't right on my doorstep, so to speak, but I know he's had words with a number of folk in the street about this and generally doesn't care what state the road is in so long as his bin isn't sullied with other folk's rubbish.

What gets me about this is that if you're that bothered by the thought of someone else putting stuff in your bin why leave it out on the street for days on end every fucking time

Why not report him for littering / fly tipping?

7 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Posting on behalf of@Eednud because he can't. South Australia had no power yesterday after severe winds knocked out the main line to Victoria. An entire state had no power!

Melbourne is in Victoria ? 

If so I have a mate who's been there for many a year. Also with no cold beer:rolleyes:

Somebody found some coins for the meter. Our power was off for just under 7 hours, some parts of South Australia, especially the north, might be without power for a few days. Loads of ducking and weaving from useless cunting state Government and power officials refusing to answer why the system wasn't able to isolate areas instead of a total shutdown other than saying it was a once in a lifetime weather event. Fair enough it did bring down some major pylons and a load of stobie poles. At least 

especially if I wear my specs.

Somebody found some coins for the meter. Our power was off for just under 7 hours, some parts of South Australia, especially the north, might be without power for a few days. Loads of ducking and weaving from useless cunting state Government and power officials refusing to answer why the system wasn't able to isolate areas instead of a total shutdown other than saying it was a once in a lifetime weather event. Fair enough it did bring down some major pylons and a load of stobie poles. At least 

especially if I wear my specs.

He's alive!
d36ea4ce46f3fced95b415962650e5d1.jpg

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

images (16)-picsay.jpg

I did wonder if I'd get that sort of reply.... :lol:

Well the alternatives are:

- go and have a confrontation with the tosser. This would be cathartic, but since the neighbours have already tried, unlikely to make a difference.

- continue to get annoyed about it but do nothing other than complain on here about it.

Both of the above result on the street still being covered in dogshit. I'd really feel no guilt whatsoever in being a dirty grass about it.