Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

70 minutes for a Windows update to my laptop this morning, and it looks no different.

When my current laptop needs upgrading I'm switching to a different OS. 1.5 hours to install an upgrade to a system I didn't ask for. Msoft....gtf

Edited by blackislekillie

1 hour ago, supermik said:

Sick and tired of my iPad constantly wanting to be updated and there never appears to be any difference.

I'm also sick of a certain bunch of apps on my phone that insist I upgrade to the latest version or don't get to use it at all. Annoying enough at home, but more so when you discover this out and about and don't take kindly to downloading upwards of 50Mb in areas with poor (if any) reception.

... and then there was the new Windows which decided to install the second my other half logged in with her profile (obviously different security settings).  Not only did it do that (and I changed it back to W7 in no time after quickly realising it was s***e), it updated Spotify, causing me to lose my advert free status which I'd somehow managed to acquire for free despite never giving them a penny.  Pretty raging about the latter tbh, an imaginary £120 pa just gone in seconds*.

*that's a lie, it actually took a good couple of hours for the windows installation, typically on an evening we wanted to use the machine because there was a newly found job advert with a midnight closing date. Had to use a nearby friend's machine in the end.

Edited by Hedgecutter

This American notion of adding a number to your brat's name.  Davis Love III, the US Ryder Cup captain for starters.  Sad b*****d as I am, I looked it up and he has a wean called Davis Love IV.  Not sure what's worse, calling your brat "III" or using the name without a hint of embarrassment and continuing the trend with your own offspring.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

On a slight tangent we have fortnightly bin collections as well, in the sense that we have a recycling bin and a general waste bin which go out on alternate weeks.  Fairly uninteresting stuff and it in and of itself doesn't cause any problems.

One of my neighbours though is a complete c###, as he sticks his bin out on bin day but then doesn't bother his arse to collect the thing for three or four days.  That in itself doesn't bother me, but because he leaves it sitting on the kerb for days on end occasionally some dog walker or other will decide rather than carry their dog dirt around with them they'll pop it in his bin as they pass.  Or alternately maybe some kid will stick their empty can of Irn Bru in there rather than just chucking it onto the street.  He'll eventually sortie out, flip up the lid, and if this has happened tip his bin over and empty the bagged dog crap or whatever out into the street.  He'll then blithely swan off bin in tow leaving a mound of dogshit wrapped in plastic or a pile of litter on the road for someone else to clean up.  Thankfully he stays a few doors down so it isn't right on my doorstep, so to speak, but I know he's had words with a number of folk in the street about this and generally doesn't care what state the road is in so long as his bin isn't sullied with other folk's rubbish.

What gets me about this is that if you're that bothered by the thought of someone else putting stuff in your bin why leave it out on the street for days on end every fucking time

Sounds like he's up his own a**e imo

3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

This American notion of adding a number to your brat's name.  Davis Love III, the US Ryder Cup captain for starters.  Sad b*****d as I am, I looked it up and he has a wean called Davis Love IV.  Not sure what's worse, calling your brat "III" or using the name without a hint of embarrassment and continuing the trend with your own offspring.

You make a good point but I wonder if they use these numbers in practice.

"Hey 4, it is after 9 and you are all at 6s and 7s with your homework.  Better do it now or it will be what for from 3."
"You know when 3 was 9 and it was after 8 he was all done with his 1, 2, 3 and with the 7 or 8 chores he had to do too."
"That's the way it was for 3 and 2 too come to think of it.  1 was certainly one for discipline - that is for sure."
"You bigger numbers certainly have it easy."

On 9/25/2016 at 21:59, Redstarstranraer said:

On a slight tangent we have fortnightly bin collections as well, in the sense that we have a recycling bin and a general waste bin which go out on alternate weeks.  Fairly uninteresting stuff and it in and of itself doesn't cause any problems.

One of my neighbours though is a complete c###, as he sticks his bin out on bin day but then doesn't bother his arse to collect the thing for three or four days.  That in itself doesn't bother me, but because he leaves it sitting on the kerb for days on end occasionally some dog walker or other will decide rather than carry their dog dirt around with them they'll pop it in his bin as they pass.  Or alternately maybe some kid will stick their empty can of Irn Bru in there rather than just chucking it onto the street.  He'll eventually sortie out, flip up the lid, and if this has happened tip his bin over and empty the bagged dog crap or whatever out into the street.  He'll then blithely swan off bin in tow leaving a mound of dogshit wrapped in plastic or a pile of litter on the road for someone else to clean up.  Thankfully he stays a few doors down so it isn't right on my doorstep, so to speak, but I know he's had words with a number of folk in the street about this and generally doesn't care what state the road is in so long as his bin isn't sullied with other folk's rubbish.

What gets me about this is that if you're that bothered by the thought of someone else putting stuff in your bin why leave it out on the street for days on end every fucking time

Why don't you just put the bin back in his garden/on his path? If I see any still out longer than they should be I just return them to their owner's garden. 

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Why don't you just put the bin back in his garden/on his path? If I see any still out longer than they should be I just return them to their owner's garden. 

Or even deposit it three streets away.

49 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Never watched it, but that programme impractical jokers looks like it would get on my nerves.

I saw it once. A group of American guys, the equivalent of your typical pub golf bores, dare each other to pretend to be gay. Tragic stuff. 

Pretty much what the advert makes it look like, aye. Can mind doing similar japes in primary school.

It's like trigger happy tv but with a group of 4 of them talking to each other through ear pieces and microphones to egg one another on.

16 hours ago, Eoin said:

Customers in my work asking me where stuff is when I don't have a clue and feeling useless emoji23.png

I'm always getting asked for information by customers and i just sit there with a blank expression mumbling shite to them in the hope they'll leave me alone or go pester someone else. 

I'm always getting asked for information by customers and i just sit there with a blank expression mumbling shite to them in the hope they'll leave me alone or go pester someone else. 

Sadly as we have mystery shoppers and the like I have to drag them around to find another colleague who knows

5 minutes ago, Lisa Cuddy said:

Impractical Jokers is fucking awful. I'm stunned by the number of seemingly sane, intelligent people I know that actually like that set-up pish. 

My father-in-law loves it.

It's fucking shite.