Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

There used to be a boozer on Taunton high street called The William of Orange. But it's not there anymore.

It's ok though, King Billy was apparently a hit in those parts. He's got another place nearby

http://www.kingwilliaminncatcott.co.uk

Interesting. Unfortunately, I've never lived in Shettleston and I can't play the flute. Is that a problem?

Fortnightly bin collections.

I live in a block of 8 flats, so there's a wee area round the back where each flat has one black bin. Since we don't have separate bins for different materials, everything has to go into this one fucking bin, they can only hold about 3-4* bags each and we need to get rid of much more than that in a fortnight. Which normally results in having at least a full bag or two lying about with fucking garbage in them with nowhere else to put them once the bins are full.

*and that's on a good week, if some twat hasn't started using yours after filling their own.

1 hour ago, smpar said:

I live in a block of 8 flats, so there's a wee area round the back where each flat has one black bin. Since we don't have separate bins for different materials, everything has to go into this one fucking bin, they can only hold about 3-4* bags each and we need to get rid of much more than that in a fortnight. Which normally results in having at least a full bag or two lying about with fucking garbage in them with nowhere else to put them once the bins are full.

*and that's on a good week, if some twat hasn't started using yours after filling their own.

We have the opposite extreme - 5 wheelie bins and 2 boxes. The collection calendar looks like the periodic table and the bin men just ignore it anyway.

We're lucky, we have a bit of garden. There's other houses round here where you can barely get to the door for bins.

1 hour ago, smpar said:

You get what you deserve for calling it 'garbage.'

22 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

There's a Wetherspoons at the corner of Edgware Road at Marble Arch. It's dearer than normal, but cheaper than some other around there. The old Marquee venue in Soho, rather sadly is a 'spoons now as well.

Closed. The cinema too. You'll usually be within a walk of a Samuel Smiths pub. Theyre usually well priced with the Alpine lager a favourite of mine

Edited by whiskychimp

13 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

The wetherspoons

Oh well, not stayed around there for about a year. There are plenty more on Bayswater Road and Queens way,  maybe a bit pricey for WeareElgin. The Leinster claims to have been Michael Winner's local. It's even better now he's dead. Brilliant food and beer.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Closed. The cinema too. You'll usually be within a walk of a Samuel Smiths pub. Theyre usually well priced with the Alpine lager a favourite of mine

Whilst the Alpine is decent, at only 2.4% it's a driving lager, utterly pointless, it's a real shame they changed it.

Just found out it was 4.5%. Phew, glad about that 

Obviously didn't change it down South. That's a bummer cause the shite they send up here isn't the same as it used to be.

It's the Taddy up here that's 4.5%.

6 minutes ago, Widge said:

Obviously didn't change it down South. That's a bummer cause the shite they send up here isn't the same as it used to be.

It's the Taddy up here that's 4.5%.

I've  been in a few Taddington pubs. I think the stout is the best, the beer is usually very cheap, even in London. Cittie of Yorke in Holborn being one.

4 hours ago, smpar said:

On a slight tangent we have fortnightly bin collections as well, in the sense that we have a recycling bin and a general waste bin which go out on alternate weeks.  Fairly uninteresting stuff and it in and of itself doesn't cause any problems.

One of my neighbours though is a complete c###, as he sticks his bin out on bin day but then doesn't bother his arse to collect the thing for three or four days.  That in itself doesn't bother me, but because he leaves it sitting on the kerb for days on end occasionally some dog walker or other will decide rather than carry their dog dirt around with them they'll pop it in his bin as they pass.  Or alternately maybe some kid will stick their empty can of Irn Bru in there rather than just chucking it onto the street.  He'll eventually sortie out, flip up the lid, and if this has happened tip his bin over and empty the bagged dog crap or whatever out into the street.  He'll then blithely swan off bin in tow leaving a mound of dogshit wrapped in plastic or a pile of litter on the road for someone else to clean up.  Thankfully he stays a few doors down so it isn't right on my doorstep, so to speak, but I know he's had words with a number of folk in the street about this and generally doesn't care what state the road is in so long as his bin isn't sullied with other folk's rubbish.

What gets me about this is that if you're that bothered by the thought of someone else putting stuff in your bin why leave it out on the street for days on end every fucking time