Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Digital Audio Broadcasting. The thing that saved people with an IQ of double figures and above from having to listen to stuff like Radio Clyde. In car DAB especially welcome. 

I recall sherbet dabs when I were a nipper. 

Whatever happened to the auld duffers thread, anyone mind that? 

Grimbo 

There deid

Caught a little of that jeremy kyle medical programme, 40ish year old guy being told that his excessive drinking (4-5 pints a night and 7-8 at weekends) is gonna shorten his life and is the reason for his stomach and chest pains. Doesnt wanna hear any of it, "Doctors always say its the drink" 

If i was a doctor i'd just tell him straight, "You wanna kill yourself with drink pal? Go right ahead, get the f**k out my hospital and dont come back"

Fucking idiot

I have had the odd sherbet in my time but luckily my health has not been too bad. Recently been working alongside a guy that likes the drink. He has blood coming out of every hole in his body. Docs have told him that he is killing himself unless he stops. He no longer bothers going to the docs as he cant be bothered anymore with the grief that he gets.:blink:

edit to add. If that is the drinks limit on that Kyle show? I will be dead 2 weeks on Tuesday.

Edited by supermik

2 minutes ago, supermik said:

I have had the odd sherbet in my time but luckily my health has not been too bad. Recently been working alongside a guy that likes the drink. He has blood coming out of every hole in his body. Docs have told him that he is killing himself unless he stops. He no longer bothers going to the docs as he cant be bothered anymore with the grief that he gets.:blink:

No different than a Junkie then

Worked with some proper alcoholics through the years, one in particular who used to walk about with a mug to make it look like he was drinking coffee, when in fact it was White Lightning. Never thought I would see him do it but he is now teetotal and what made him stop was his doctor telling him that if he wanted to see his granddaughter grow up then he had to give up alcohol completely.

5 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Worked with some proper alcoholics through the years, one in particular who used to walk about with a mug to make it look like he was drinking coffee, when in fact it was White Lightning. Never thought I would see him do it but he is now teetotal and what made him stop was his doctor telling him that if he wanted to see his granddaughter grow up then he had to give up alcohol completely.

Probably through the nature of the work, the majority of people I've worked with in Call Centers like a little too much drink. Being Teetotal myself this would be an annoying chore as they couldn't seem to comprehend the concept of someone not drinking. It just didn't seem to compute. Most automatically assume you dont drink because you have/had a drinking problem other than the wildly implausible concept that you just don't like or enjoy drinking.

Caught a little of that jeremy kyle medical programme, 40ish year old guy being told that his excessive drinking (4-5 pints a night and 7-8 at weekends) is gonna shorten his life and is the reason for his stomach and chest pains. Doesnt wanna hear any of it, "Doctors always say its the drink" 

If i was a doctor i'd just tell him straight, "You wanna kill yourself with drink pal? Go right ahead, get the f**k out my hospital and dont come back"

Fucking idiot

Is that excessive though? Or what used to just be called drinking

3 minutes ago, Wren Road said:

60+ is problem territory IMO. As long as you are eating and sleeping I see no problem. Could do half of 35-40 weekend alone

According to https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/ 40 pints is 92 units, and they say the safe weekly amount is 14 units. I think they are being a bit light in that regard but 92 units is a mental number to tan on a weekly basis

ryrh.png

15 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

According to https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/ 40 pints is 92 units, and they say the safe weekly amount is 14 units. I think they are being a bit light in that regard but 92 units is a mental number to tan on a weekly basis

ryrh.png

Aye, they would say that.