Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I really don't bother watching the news, except in the morning to see how fucked up I55 is before I drive to work. I think "being a foreigner" I miss a lot of it (never watch Fox unless for NFL), and my brother in law is a stick on for lunacy on facebook (he thinks Trump is great!).

Still get most of my news fro either the EE online or bbc.co.uk

Good lad. I don't know how anyone could watch that shite and maintain their sanity.

Is it just me, or has the Beeb's website become filled with utter shite in the past year or so? They seem to be trying to accommodate jellyfish in their content. Articles with no reason to exist, like explaining why somebody might not sing the national anthem. Dear Lord.

My Uncle's a tidy piece and absolute 'wid' I'll have you know...

There's a thread that needs creating - uncles that you 'wid'. I can see yourself and the DA being all over that one :P

Start it up on Mumsnet for best results, though.

I started a thread on here a bit over five years ago (I know the timeframe thanks to Facebook's "on this day function" which reminded me of starting my current job and doing my military tests etc) about joining the army. My issue at the time was that I was in a work environment that was so incredibly awful it was making me seriously ill and in my desperation to find a way out of that I reverted back to my childhood ideas of playing soldiers and (literally in this case) running away to join the army. It seemed a logical choice at the time in a desperate situation. I passed all my entry tests with scores 27% above average. And then I hurt my knee playing fives and they dropped me like a hot stone. And you know what? It was the best thing that ever happened to me. I immediately got fired, got a new job and escaped the problems that had sent me in that direction in the first place. I'd have made a dreadful soldier.

Eta: my point being that, for me, though I have zero interest in the crown, the government or any of that shite, the military represented a literal escape, cliché as that is.

I was in a similar situation a long time ago, and I too would have made a terrible soldier. Especially as I worked with a guy years later who talked about his life in the Army quite a bit, and it seemed to involve playing a lot of games involving 'ironically' making out with other soldiers, and soggy biscuits covered in semen. Each to their own, I suppose.

The most surprising part was that they only needed me to drop a stone in order to pass their physical tests, along with the stuff like running a certain distance in an allotted time and holding a bag of spuds for a couple of minutes. Doesn't exactly fill you with confidence.

I was in a similar situation a long time ago, and I too would have made a terrible soldier. Especially as I worked with a guy years later who talked about his life in the Army quite a bit, and it seemed to involve playing a lot of games involving 'ironically' making out with other soldiers, and soggy biscuits covered in semen. Each to their own, I suppose.

The most surprising part was that they only needed me to drop a stone in order to pass their physical tests, along with the stuff like running a certain distance in an allotted time and holding a bag of spuds for a couple of minutes. Doesn't exactly fill you with confidence.

I'd have been great at gay stuff and public masturbation. That's pretty much my standard hobbies already. It's the being told what to do and then doing it stuff I'm shite with.

I'd have been great at gay stuff and public masturbation. That's pretty much my standard hobbies already. It's the being told what to do and then doing it stuff I'm shite with.

What if they'd been telling you to do the gay stuff?

Inner_turmoil.gif

I've always been of the "sex is sex" mindset. As long as it's consensual there probably isn't anything I wouldn't do.

Aye, but you'd be expected to do it, consensus be damned. Although I'm sure there's more to army life than forced homosexual acts :unsure2:

...and if you're going to do something, do it right:

epilepsy-warning.gif

(oh, err...flashing lights contained within, etc :P )

Edit: anyone else find this GIF curiously soothing to look at?

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

If we can get away from homoerotica for a second, you beasts...

Americans who buy non-Region 1 DVDs, ignore emails asking them if they're really, REALLY sure they meant to buy a DVD that would likely not play on their DVD player, then complain when the thing arrives and they can't play it. I've sold DVDs from all over the world and this has only happened with Americans :angry:

Aye, but you'd be expected to do it, consensus be damned. Although I'm sure there's more to army life than forced homosexual acts :unsure2:

...and if you're going to do something, do it right:

epilepsy-warning.gif

(oh, err...flashing lights contained within, etc :P )

Edit: anyone else find this GIF curiously soothing to look at?

ffflfdjl;lsjsjl;' zzzhnklde.lo/s? s;OW a;sjeo;;s