Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Afternoon tea requires sandwiches and fancy cakes.

What you have paraded here is a cup of tea with some digestives.

A minks version of afternoon tea if the truth be told.

My version of afternoon tea is that it is after noon and I am drinking tea so I am factually correct. I did not say it was a fancy afternoon tea with all the trimmings. It was others who made it out to be a lavish occasion. I stretch to chocolate coated digestives if I feel like being lavish.

In with tea bag + sweeteners/sugar, then the water, leave to brew, tea bag out, milk to taste.

If you put the milk in first when does the tea bag go in? Weak as piss tea is the result if he adds the milk first to the tea bag.

I have been referring to tea brewed in a teapot not in the cup. The strength of the tea, making it in a cup, is determined by how much milk you put in, how long you leave the teabag in before adding the water, how much water you put in and how long you leave the teabag in after pouring in the water. It all comes down to experience and to personal taste so there is really no definitive answer to your question. You may have inadvertently posed another dilema. Should you add the sugar/sweeteners before adding the water or after the tea is brewed. I don't use sugar or sweeteners so on this one I'm out.

At Edinburgh zoo this afternoon and imagine my spluttering disbelief when I heard someone call for their child to come to them. The child's name was Maverick. FFS

Asian by any chance? I did a uni project with 3 Asian guys - Maverick, Elvis and Star. They basically choose names that English speakers can pronounce properly to make it easier for us, but unfortunately quite a few seem to pick random movie characters etc without realising they sound ridiculous.

My version of afternoon tea is that it is after noon and I am drinking tea so I am factually correct. I did not say it was a fancy afternoon tea with all the trimmings. It was others who made it out to be a lavish occasion. I stretch to chocolate coated digestives if I feel like being lavish.

Do you sit all your stuffed animals in a half-circle around your wee table before serving?

Edited by Shotgun

People who won't admit they are wrong, even when you show them the proof...

Setting up something in work and had to call an external provider to confirm some details. Usually it's all there on a shared system we use, but in this case there was a date missing That I need in order to set a deadline for our clients. Called the company involved and asked them to confirm it by phone, the girl I spoke to gave me another date that was unrelated. I asked her to double check. She double checked and came back confirming the other date again. I explain again what it is I need, I explain where it should be on the system, I explain what she has provided me, and I talk her through 2 pages of the prospectus to show why I know the date she keeps confirming is wrong. She comes up with some half arsed excuse and then says that the other date is the only one she has so it must be that and I'm wrong.

2 hours later the shared system has finally updated to include the information I asked for. I was right, she was wrong. C*nto.

Edited by Ross.

People who won't admit they are wrong, even when you show them the proof...

Setting up something in work and had to call an external provider to confirm some details. Usually it's all there on a shared system we use, but in this case there was a date missing That I need in order to set a deadline for our clients. Called the company involved and asked them to confirm it by phone, the girl I spoke to gave me another date that was unrelated. I asked her to double check. She double checked and came back confirming the other date again. I explain again what it is I need, I explain where it should be on the system, I explain what she has provided me, and I talk her through 2 pages of the prospectus to show why I know the date she keeps confirming is wrong. She comes up with some half arsed excuse and then says that the other date is the only one she has so it must be that and I'm wrong.

2 hours later the shared system has finally updated to include the information I asked for. I was right, she was wrong. C*nto.

Tried to argue with a woman................

Never been married type of post.

1p and 2p coins.

Pointless

Years back the Swiss government scrapped the 1 and 2 rappen coins because they cost more to make than they were worth. They have been debating getting rid of the 5 rappen coin for a while now and will probably be discontinued in a few years, though for now they continue to make them but with a cheaper metal than previously.

I can see both the 1p and 2p coins disappearing soon enough.

Edited by Ross.

Years back the Swiss government scrapped the 1 and 2 rappen coins because they cost more to make than they were worth. They have been debating getting rid of the 5 rappen coin for a while now and will probably be discontinued in a few years, though for now they continue to make them but with a cheaper metal than previously.

I can see both the 1p and 2p coins disappearing soon enough.

Same thing in Australia. Scrapped 1 and 2 cent coins years ago and the debate about 5 cent coins has started, cost more to make then they are worth etc.

Asian by any chance? I did a uni project with 3 Asian guys - Maverick, Elvis and Star. They basically choose names that English speakers can pronounce properly to make it easier for us, but unfortunately quite a few seem to pick random movie characters etc without realising they sound ridiculous.

No, they weren't Asian. Maverick FFS