Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

More to the point, doing something difficult/unpleasant/embarrassing. Growing a stupid 'tache, running 26 marathons in 26 days, eating a bowl of live insects. Not drinking for a month is a piece of piss, going trekking in South America is a holiday. I'm not sponsoring you for either. :thumbsdown

Many years ago, a friend and I cycled from Lands End to John O'Groats. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of seethe we generated by 'not' collecting money for charity as part of the process. I kept explaining to people that we were merely going on a cycling holiday and that I didn't see why that obligated us to raise money.

Eventually I started saying "OK, fine. Give me a pound and I'll donate it to charity. Or better yet, give the pound to charity yourself and leave me out of it."

:lol:

The previous government had this grand plan to implement a new network called the NBN (National Broadband Network) that would see fibre laid in every street and connected to every house in the country. The current governement came in and said whoah that's going to cost a fucking fortune let's just lay fibre in the street and then connect each house to the fibre with copper.

The whole project will take decades to complete, millions if not billions of $$$ and by the time it's finished it will no doubt be years out of date!

Lived in Oz 11 year ago, mind visiting my dad when he was on a building site, pulled up at the edge of site, OYF.... :lol:

Boys walking about barefoot just with shorts on away up scaffold etc. Crazy b*****ds.

So backwards in so many ways.

:lol:

The previous government had this grand plan to implement a new network called the NBN (National Broadband Network) that would see fibre laid in every street and connected to every house in the country. The current governement came in and said whoah that's going to cost a fucking fortune let's just lay fibre in the street and then connect each house to the fibre with copper.

The whole project will take decades to complete, millions if not billions of $$$ and by the time it's finished it will no doubt be years out of date!

BT were going to start building a national fibre optic network back in the early eighties before they were privatised. Instead we had several cable companies digging up the same streets until they went bust, and fibre still only reaches exchanges which can be streets away from your house.

People who sit out on the final table of a poker tournament hoping to survive to the money. Sub human scum.

That happened to me when I was fannying about with Play chips, was my first final table too (of a decent sized field). Went heads up technically but the fud who was sitting out nabbed the second cash,

Visitors who constantly whine that they don't know where anything is (plates, cutlery, cups, food etc etc). Why don't you open a couple of cupboards and have a look?

What kind of host are you? Why are your visitors looking for that stuff? Shouldn't you be preparing their food and drink for them?

:P

Edited by IainMorton

What kind of host are you? Why are your visitors looking for that stuff? Shouldn't you be preparing their food and drink for them?

:P

I'd agree if they were only visiting for a day or two but they are here for two months and have visited before so frack that! :P

That the BRALT thread once apon a time used to be a place where you could see what was going on with rangers demise but has became a clusterfuck of a thread.

Edited by nelsjfc