Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Know that feeling. After 4mths of not working, longest period in about 20years. Gave up pn office work. Trained to be a bus driver. Day I passed my test an interview had been for got back to me with immediate start.

Due to shifts etc have gone back for office admin job.

Wait for months for a job and two come along at once...........

Ironically a bit like buses.

Absolutely scunnered. I had a belter of a Sat, Sun and Mon before returning to work last night. It took only 5 hours of my shift before my enthusiasm was completely drained. Don't think I spoke 10 words after 3.30am.

I don't particularly enjoy my job, but it reasonablr(for me) dosh and is flexible around my football commitments. It looks like the flexability is about to evaporate meaning I'll be looking to change my job. :(

You've been relatively unhappy with your job for ages now so at least this will give you the motivation to look for a new one. I doubt you're going to get as cushty a job as you currently have in terms of flexibility, ever, but you'd still be able to find a job which give you at least weekends off.

Vending machines which do not automatically return your change in an attempt to buy more shite from them.

or fancy vending machines (with parts which may have previously assembled cars) that take an eternity to give you a bottle of juice.

or fancy vending machines (with parts which may have previously assembled cars) that take an eternity to give you a bottle of juice.

There used to be a fancy one at Bells sport centre where you could get two for the price of one if you blocked it with your hand. Those were the days.

My PTTGOY: got crashed into yesterday and it looks like my beautiful wee car might be a write off. I also lost my student card on Tuesday night. :(

Happy Xmas Scary

See, written down, it's not quite as annoying. It doesn't induce the same rage that hearing it does, but it's still not nice. Happy New Year, when it comes.

That "when it comes" thing is also getting old. Just say "Merry Christmas". I know it's not Christmas yet, but so f**k. It's that Christmasy time, and I'm okay with the Merry Christmas thing before Christmas. Just not Happy Christmas. Happy Holidays just means you should move to the USA as you're a screaming c**t.

Edited by Scary Bear

I prefer the sound of "Merry Christmas" but I can honestly say I've never said nor will I ever say "Have a Merry Christmas". There's something a bit 'cringey' to it said in that context for me. I rarely say "Have a Happy Xmas" either it must be said. I tend to generally say "Have a Nice Xmas".

See, written down, it's not quite as annoying. It doesn't induce the same rage that hearing it does, but it's still not nice. Happy New Year, when it comes.

That "when it comes" thing is also getting old. Just say "Merry Christmas". I know it's not Christmas yet, but so f**k. It's that Christmasy time, and I'm okay with the Merry Christmas thing before Christmas. Just not Happy Christmas. Happy Holidays just means you should move to the USA as you're a screaming c**t.

I am not a screaming cnut, thank you very much :thumbsdown

I am also a traditionalist saying, and writing, "Merry Christmas"

So, happy Hanukkah to you Scary ;)

On the topic of using shite replacements for words, just what the f**k is 'holibobs' or 'holibags' all about? What's wrong with saying

'holiday' (or holidays)?!

I couldn't agree more. The vermin who use these words should be taken outside and mown down in a hail of automatic machine gun fire.

Guest The Phoenix

Chippy pizzas. If you like pizza, why would you buy one from a chippy? They all taste the same no matter which chippy they come from. And they don't taste like pizza.

I admire your research ethic, SP.

On a similar theme. Whoever the smug sounding p***k is who does the Audi adverts on the radio

I'd have thought you'd be more concerned with losing out to Tedi for Rangers Best Poster 2015.

Tedi?! Just let that sink in! ;)