Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Some arsehole has used an old credit card of mine.

I done a balance transfer and ended up 38p in credit from the company, mail and phone correspondence in November they were told numerous times to shut the account and keep the spare 38p. They've been calling me for days and I've just ignored as I'd assumed they're wanting me to re-open an account. Sadly, it's not. It's not a large amount of money (£40) but it was done in January and now there's two missed payments and charges on top.

They're determined I'm paying it as I never 'officially' closed the account. I don't know how many more emails I can send. I still have copies of three.

CapitalOne are arseholes.

I'd send another saying you're referring it to this mob: http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

You'll likely get a prompt reply, hopefully saying forget about it. I would be a bit wary though if they say go ahead, these fuckers can destroy your credit rating. Might be easier to pay up if you can afford it, and you have a good credit rating. I haven't, so I'd fight the b'stards to the end.

Good luck with the ombudsman but they are pretty useless ( so I hear ) so you might just have to pay it yourself in the end.... Report it to Capital one as well as fraud and you might be OK.... I have had my cards used before fraudulently and I've never had to pay the amounts that were spent..... Good Luck :)

Mention the financial ombudsman and they'll crack, I had one customer threaten me with them because he was due us £100. Upon referring him to complaints they had the debt wiped off and vouchers sent out to apoligise. Nothing more annoying especially when the complaints department mails you saying you were in the right. But for every complaint referred to them they charge the company £400. Even if the company was correct in their actions.

Good luck with the ombudsman but they are pretty useless ( so I hear ) so you might just have to pay it yourself in the end.... Report it to Capital one as well as fraud and you might be OK.... I have had my cards used before fraudulently and I've never had to pay the amounts that were spent..... Good Luck :)

I've no idea if the ombudsman is any good or not, but I know that Capital One have an awful reputation, and they invariably cave in when people take them to a small claims court. Reporting it as a fraud to Capital One is obviously the first step, but I thought Deeboy had already done that. The point of the Ombudsman is to not to actually do it, but make Capital One think you're about to.

I came in from work and my girlfriend was watching E! news.

They actually sit about discussing important news like Jessica Simpsons new weight loss and Kaley Cuoco's tattoo and bring in correspondents with exclusives about some fucking housewives show. I have never seen such an awful programme.

ETA its on Channel 151 on Sky if this is your thing.

Edited by Bobby Skidmarks

Was listening to the Talksport coverage of the Manchester derby this morning. Don't know who the commentators were but every sentence was a cliche. To use a P&B cliche, cringe.

As opposed to when it's spoken on the Wire, and then it's a wonderful thing.

Edit: Cheers to whoever deleted the comment about English people saying "shit" thus making me look like I'm talking to myself.

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

Sky broadband is shit and im stuck we it for 12 months. Paying less and changing company = shit

I'm on my 3rd house with sky broadband, only ever had one issue and that was bt cancelling the exchange upgrade at my old house.

Currently getting 40mbps here

I like making videos and stuff, but editing is the most monotonous thing there is. I just can't be bothered with it.

The worst thing about making videos is putting a soundtrack on them. A song you used to love makes you want to kill yourself after hours of hearing tiny clips of the same f&cking bit trying to get it to fit.