Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I work in a call centre. We don't dial out, so people actually call us for help before they turn abusive (if they do, it's a small minority). It doesn't bother me in the slightest, I'm quite happy to sit and have someone shout and bawl, I'm getting paid for it and it's costing them 30p a minute, but some of the girls, in particular, can get pretty cut up about it. Some of the abuse that grown men will shout down the phone is disgusting (and that's not a word I use very often).

I think companies who operate call centres should be a lot more proactive when it comes to dealing with abusive callers. If you were standing in the street screaming at some lass, calling her a slut and a c**t just for doing her job, you'd be arrested for it, and I don't see why being on the other end of the phone should offer you any sort of protection. They should be reported to the police.

I work in a call centre. We don't dial out, so people actually call us for help before they turn abusive (if they do, it's a small minority). It doesn't bother me in the slightest, I'm quite happy to sit and have someone shout and bawl, I'm getting paid for it and it's costing them 30p a minute, but some of the girls, in particular, can get pretty cut up about it. Some of the abuse that grown men will shout down the phone is disgusting (and that's not a word I use very often).

I think companies who operate call centres should be a lot more proactive when it comes to dealing with abusive callers. If you were standing in the street screaming at some lass, calling her a slut and a c**t just for doing her job, you'd be arrested for it, and I don't see why being on the other end of the phone should offer you any sort of protection. They should be reported to the police.

Surely giving the calls are recorded you would have a better chance of a conviction (assuming the abuse is illegal)

If i walked past you in the street and called you all the **ts of the day it would be my word v yours, but with calls being recorded it would be a 1 sided argument

Yep - I forgot that Pressley was an expert in economics.

Seriously, what he says is a decent suggestion, but there's no way of knowing that bums on seats will give more money than the telly. It's just speculation.

So f**k the fans if it was proved bigger crowds wouldn't outweigh the TV deal?

And we wonder why the game is dead here.

Who exactly are we trying to look after here? The hordes of Old Firm fans who would rather drink £30 worth of beer in the pub than go to Glasgow and actually watch the sodding game.

Because his Falkirk side have sunk like a stone and he's wanting any chance he can get to gain promotion.

Snivelling hypocrite more like.

His actual words were: there would still be a game without the tv money, but there would be no game without the fans

He then said he'd read some fan opinions, they favour 16 to 18 and he'd like some play offs to add to excitement.

They then said how the first usually goes to the wire but when one team runs away with it the excitement goes

He used example of 2 v 3 at the weekend there would have been more interesting with something to play for.

More so, he speculated asking the managers rather than chairmen would give you same results as asking fans

The call centre at my work cut them off if they get abusive, they take incoming calls only and they are recorded.

The back office calls aren't . And thats when it gets more interesting with the threats etc.

Its a bloody pension company ffs

Anyone got any ideas on how to piss them off so that such cold calls can actually be welcomed as a good laugh at times?

I remember a while back when I was changing car insurance, Swinton(my old one) kept on calling me about renewal and forced home insurance on me. One day, reasonably half cut on a sunday afternoon I snapped, and started shouting down the phone in angry German(I don't know a single word of German). Needless to say, they never called back.

The fact that most train services out of Glasgow Central are currently 'subject to delay and cancellation'.

Also, the fact that this is due to 'track circuit failures'. Why is this? Why are trains in this country constantly subject to poor service, delay and 'track circuit failures' and the like?

Also, the fact that they repeatedly announce the reason for the delays, yet dozens of people here are still unable to travel. Here's an idea, instead of constantly repeating the same announcement, how about they just feckin' do something about it rather than repeating the same message which gives very little information and no assistance for those who can clearly see that there's an issue, but don't know how or when it will be resolved?

Rant over.  

The fact that most train services out of Glasgow Central are currently 'subject to delay and cancellation'.

Also, the fact that this is due to 'track circuit failures'. Why is this? Why are trains in this country constantly subject to poor service, delay and 'track circuit failures' and the like?

Also, the fact that they repeatedly announce the reason for the delays, yet dozens of people here are still unable to travel. Here's an idea, instead of constantly repeating the same announcement, how about they just feckin' do something about it rather than repeating the same message which gives very little information and no assistance for those who can clearly see that there's an issue, but don't know how or when it will be resolved?

Rant over.  

Don't worry, I'm sure another price hike will make it better

I disagree. In fact, I was listening to my family complaining about how they are constantly getting called, and its always at the worst times etc. Oh, and how they put the phone next to the radio, shout abuse etc. Whereas I always thank them for their call, wish them a nice day, and put the phone down. Now I'm not saying there is a connection, but I seem to get less cold calls at awkward hours than most of my family...

There is no place for being sworn at or abused just for doing your job. These people are just trying to earn money and get by. Frankly, if I worked at one of those places, I'd take the names of everyone who gave me abuse, and be sure to call them every single fucking meal time in retaliation.

I very much doubt there's a connection but you are right, no need to be rude. We don't get them very much but if we do I just say no thanks and put the phone down. Same with the 'chugger' guys on Princes Street, I just keep on walking and say no thanks. The rudest I get is ignoring them completely.

If I ever got one of the scammer "you have a virus on your PC" calls I'd probably tell them to f*ck off though but they are crooks not people doing a job.

Got turfed out my bed very early this morning as we are getting a new kitchen installed. So there's a load of workmen going through my missus's knicker drawer as we speak :P

And the sleet is coming down thick and fast in Bathgate :(

I work in a call centre. We don't dial out, so people actually call us for help before they turn abusive (if they do, it's a small minority).

I can think of only one quite bad thing that was shouted at me in 6 years of working on the phone.

I'd taken an escalated call and the woman was getting more and more frustrated as the call went on as she was questioning the T's & C's and I was countering her to the stage that she knew she didn't have a leg to stand on.

Anyway, I finished with my standard, "Is there anything else I can do for you today?" and she said quite calmly, "Yes, you can come down here and suck my husband's cock!" and then slammed the phone down.

I can think of only one quite bad thing that was shouted at me in 6 years of working on the phone.

I'd taken an escalated call and the woman was getting more and more frustrated as the call went on as she was questioning the T's & C's and I was countering her to the stage that she knew she didn't have a leg to stand on.

Anyway, I finished with my standard, "Is there anything else I can do for you today?" and she said quite calmly, "Yes, you can come down here and suck my husband's cock!" and then slammed the phone down.

I had a customer tell me they wished my kids were taken into care. This was about nine years ago. I don't even have any kids, but that was a pretty horrific thing to say.

:lol:

I had a customer tell me they wished my kids were taken into care. This was about nine years ago. I don't even have any kids, but that was a pretty horrific thing to say.

A mate of mine's brother works on teh door in an Edinburgh nightclub. He refused a guy entry once and the guy started giving him abuse, ending with a promise that he was going to "come on your kids faces in the night" :huh:

Strangest thing was he came back the next night with his girlfriend to apologise :blink:

Someone at my work is leaving a toley in one of the toilets and not flushing. We've been pulled up about it twice now, yet the staff in the other section haven't despite sharing the same toilets.

I hope it turns out to be one of them, disgusting.

Someone at my work is leaving a toley in one of the toilets and not flushing. We've been pulled up about it twice now, yet the staff in the other section haven't despite sharing the same toilets.

I hope it turns out to be one of them, disgusting.

Your arsehole leaves rifling marks on your toley just like a gun and a spent bullet.

I expect there'll be a probe soon.

The weeks running up to a holiday go slow as hell then the two weeks you're away pass really quickly. :(

Also, is it just me or when you're away for two weeks does the second week always seem to go quicker than the first. :unsure:

The weeks running up to a holiday go slow as hell then the two weeks you're away pass really quickly. :(

Also, is it just me or when you're away for two weeks does the second week always seem to go quicker than the first. :unsure:

Yep. It's a b*****d.