Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

If you have electronic entry systems at your building, then buzz the saxophonist's house early in the morning and whisper "Dick Laurent is dead".

Before you know it, he'll have turned into a teenage mechanic and run off with a gangster's moll.

I needed to check what time I'm in Uni tomorrow and in what room. It won't even let me open it up, I think I'm in at 9, but am I f**k getting up for then if it turns out I'm not. dry.gif

My neighbour was playing his saxaphone at 3am the other night, which annoyed my light sleeping wife no end. She put up a rather sarcastic note, probably ill advised, but the guy wrote on it "Why don't you just come and speak to us if you have a problem instead of leaving notes?" and then his mate has taken it down. We must've spoken to them seven or eight times about noise in the past year so there's clearly no point in coming to speak you you cunts.

Stair head rammy. Get a chib and figure out an ambush.

cyclists, middle of the road. not looking. almost becoming a bonnet ornament.

if you are going to go into the overtaking lane while i am about to go past you try LOOKING before you stick out your arm and move.

boy was lucky i didnt have a fiat

cyclists, middle of the road. not looking. almost becoming a bonnet ornament.

if you are going to go into the overtaking lane while i am about to go past you try LOOKING before you stick out your arm and move.

boy was lucky i didnt have a fiat

They all have mp 3 players stuck in their ears as well.

People who talk during lectures. It's rude - both to other students and to the lecturer. Its not exactly difficult to refrain from talking for around 50 minutes.

Furthermore, people who start packing their stuff away, rustling papers, or putting their jackets on 5 minutes before the lecture ends and therefore cumulatively making a noise which makes it almost impossible for others to hear what the lecturer is saying. I remember in school if people did this the teachers used to get these selfish dicks telt. Even if there was a minute of the class remaining before the bell went, the teacher would make them take their jacket back off, only for the bell to go just as they'd taken it off and they'd groan and grumble and have to put it straight back on again. This was extremely satisfying.

Edited by Bonksy+HisChristianParade

People who talk during lectures. It's rude - both to other students and to the lecturer. Its not exactly difficult to refrain from talking for around 50 minutes.

Furthermore, people who start packing their stuff away, rustling papers, or putting their jackets on 5 minutes before the lecture ends and therefore cumulatively making a noise which makes it almost impossible for others to hear what the lecturer is saying. I remember in school if people did this the teachers used to get these selfish dicks telt. Even if there was a minute of the class remaining before the bell went, the teacher would make them take their jacket back off, only for the bell to go just as they'd taken it off and they'd groan and grumble and have to put it straight back on again. This was extremely satisfying.

One of my fondest moments of undergraduate lectures was in my second year, when this absolute prat had been talking (loudly) the whole way through it. Eventually, another student just snapped and interrupted the lecturer:

"Excuse me Professor, sorry to interrupt but I have to do this"

He then pointed at the guy who had been nattering away, and, loudly enough so everyone could hear him:

"Firstly: Nobody gives a f**k that your sweater shrunk in the wash, and secondly: why did you bother coming to this lecture if you were just going to talk your way through it? Stop being so rude and show some respect to the lecturer and to the rest of us who are actually here to learn".

Cue round of applause from the two hundred or so students present and a massive red face on the talkative gimp.

Anyway, my PTTGOYN:

Those BT adverts. Honestly, I don't know what annoys me more---the thought that BT think that people actually give a shit about the characters in their stupid adverts, or the thought that maybe, somewhere out there, is someone who actually *does* give a shit about the characters in those adverts. :angry:

Those BT adverts. Honestly, I don't know what annoys me more---the thought that BT think that people actually give a shit about the characters in their stupid adverts, or the thought that maybe, somewhere out there, is someone who actually *does* give a shit about the characters in those adverts. :angry:

I believe Kenco are responsible for this. They had those love story adverts in the 90s that was like a mini soap opera and BT have ran with it.

Guest The Phoenix

My doctors bag and I have just been copiously vomited on by an unwell child :(

You must be the Bad Doctor then.

Kenny would never have let that happen. ;)

As the only foreigner in the building (other than the Americans who have just moved in next door) I am being blamed for the following:

- Not locking the door to the building which locks itself

- Putting pizza boxes in the wheelie bins (where else should I put them)

- In their (the building co-operative) words "there's been a lot of people going up and down in the lift and we don't know why" - eg. I'm a foreigner so I must be some crazy drug dealing warlord.

You even have to keep your voice down whilst walking past police officers now, because if they hear you speak English they ask for your passport - and if you don't have it on you - instant £70 fine. A photocopy is meant to do, but not to those skinheads in disguise.

The xenophobia in this country is insane. I've lived here for five years and try to keep to myself.

Edited by Breaking Decency

We have a big crack in the ceiling in the flat. We reported it to east lothian council only to be told that we would have to remove the woodchip from the ceiling ourselves in order for them to inspect it. Aye right, we do that and then the ceiling might fall on top of us? i think im right in telling the council to piss off eh??

My brother called me a couple of weeks ago sounding really dire and serious. I immediately thought someone must be ill and was actually somewhat relieved when he told me that he can't come to my wedding as he has to drive a forklift in a pizza warehouse and can't get the day off, despite it being (then) several months in advance. However, now that time has passed and what he actually told me has settled in, I can't believe he has told me that he can't come to my wedding because it clashes with his rota.