Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Should be back at work but was sick as f**k yesterday. On the plus side Columbo's on the Tv.

Guy in my work asked for yesterday as a late-notice holiday, got turned down - phoned in sick yesterday am!

:angry::lol:

Do you work with Bert?

I like playing Football Manager on my PSP and have been in charge of Leyton Orient for 25 out of 29 seasons, have taken them into and kept them in the Premiership for years but not won too much other than a couple of lower league titles and the League Cup.

In my final season in charge (you can only play 30 seasons) we got into a poor run just after Xmas and the fuckers sacked me with 2 months of the season (and game) to go!!

It is the most cheated I have felt since I found out Santa isn't real.

Fucking wankers.:angry:

I like playing Football Manager on my PSP and have been in charge of Leyton Orient for 25 out of 29 seasons, have taken them into and kept them in the Premiership for years but not won too much other than a couple of lower league titles and the League Cup.

In my final season in charge (you can only play 30 seasons) we got into a poor run just after Xmas and the fuckers sacked me with 2 months of the season (and game) to go!!

It is the most cheated I have felt since I found out Santa isn't real.

Fucking wankers.:angry:

Santa isn't real? Please tell me you're joking

It does seem like a bit of an amateur mistake to be honest.

It's hard to see what action an employer could take though without leaving themselves wide-open to complain/legal action. They really need hard-and-fast proof and that's hard to get when you're dealing with someone's personal life.

I actually speak with some experience here as my wife was summarily dismissed in November for having gone sick on a day that she had been unable to secure leave for. Thing is, she was genuinely ill and had actually been hospitalised on the day in question, and was then medically certified by her GP on leaving hospital. Cue reinstatement, disciplinary action against the mangers concerned, and grovelling apologies all round when the various pieces of medical paperwork were presented.

I wouldn't be as daft to ask for a holiday first.

It does seem like a bit of an amateur mistake to be honest.

It's hard to see what action an employer could take though without leaving themselves wide-open to complain/legal action. They really need hard-and-fast proof and that's hard to get when you're dealing with someone's personal life.

I actually speak with some experience here as my wife was summarily dismissed in November for having gone sick on a day that she had been unable to secure leave for. Thing is, she was genuinely ill and had actually been hospitalised on the day in question, and was then medically certified by her GP on leaving hospital. Cue reinstatement, disciplinary action against the mangers concerned, and grovelling apologies all round when the various pieces of medical paperwork were presented.

Absolutely, there isn't anything that can be done. I very much doubt that this guy would be able to produce a medical certificate though.

It's not the first time he's done this. Last year he asked for a couple of days off to be in for a plumber coming round, was turned down and then phoned in Pat Mick both days. Even worse, he was back in work the next day and was on the phone to them when he said "Listen, I had to take two days off work to be there for you coming round!", prompting a few knowing glances in the office.

The thing about this is, it's dropping your colleagues in it as we have to pick up his work. Also, we are all under threat of redundancy at the moment, what the f**k is the guy thinking of? Sickness records (specifically having lots of single days off) looks very bad on people's records.

The guy is a complete arsehole, to summarise. If you want to take one bullet point from this presentation, I'd take that.

Absolutely, there isn't anything that can be done. I very much doubt that this guy would be able to produce a medical certificate though.

It's not the first time he's done this. Last year he asked for a couple of days off to be in for a plumber coming round, was turned down and then phoned in Pat Mick both days. Even worse, he was back in work the next day and was on the phone to them when he said "Listen, I had to take two days off work to be there for you coming round!", prompting a few knowing glances in the office.

The thing about this is, it's dropping your colleagues in it as we have to pick up his work. Also, we are all under threat of redundancy at the moment, what the f**k is the guy thinking of? Sickness records (specifically having lots of single days off) looks very bad on people's records.

The guy is a complete arsehole, to summarise. If you want to take one bullet point from this presentation, I'd take that.

A group fucking kicking would maybe sort him out when he gets back?

I very much doubt that this guy would be able to produce a medical certificate though.

He doesn't have to if it's a short absence.

I can absolutely see why you're annoyed though; I also have no time for liberty takers. Still, here's hoping he's first up for redundancy ahead of those with a bit of respect for their colleagues and employer.

He doesn't have to if it's a short absence.

I can absolutely see why you're annoyed though; I also have no time for liberty takers. Still, here's hoping he's first up for redundancy ahead of those with a bit of respect for their colleagues and employer.

Aye, I meant that if the same thing happened to him as happened to your wife he would be scunnered.

You know when you take the plastic top off a milk carton and you get the pull off plastic thing underneath?

I fucking hate when the lazy fuckers in our office block just peel it back a bit to get the milk out then put the top back on. Just take the thing off and put it in the bucket ya b*****ds.

You know when you take the plastic top off a milk carton and you get the pull off plastic thing underneath?

I fucking hate when the lazy fuckers in our office block just peel it back a bit to get the milk out then put the top back on. Just take the thing off and put it in the bucket ya b*****ds.

Or leave 1 sheet of toilet paper on the roll. What use is that???? Just change it. And put it on facing out. Thank you.

Has Saudi Arabia declared war on all other oil producing countries? Oh no I remember now it's New Year so every single celled organism in the town has to fill up their car at Morrisons. No doubt they'll all need extra bread to survive the equivalent of a nuclear winter as well.