Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Neighbours back garden gate squeeks like feck when theres any wind with a bit of southerly it. Does my nut in. Its that high pitched, metal-on-metal wail that operates at a frequency not conducive to a good nights kip.

Neighbours are old and deaf and conversation is limited. Thinking about blacking up, putting the camo gear on and sticking a can of WD40 in my pocket at 11pm this evening and completing phase 1 of Operation Sleep. Or the less dramatic option; walking round with an oil can tomorrow pretending to be from the council.

Roadworks. It seems as if every road I drive on at the minute is being dug up in some way - M90, the roads near Kirkcaldy High Street and the housing estate where I live. They're starting roadworks on the M9 spur on Thursday as well, which will make driving to Edinburgh even more irritating.

Fife Council can piss off with their pavement widening as well. They've ruined the layout, will increase the traffic build up and the roads are a bit too narrow in some places.

This. Every fucking place you drive in Kirkcaldy has roadworks of some description and then I head to my work in Dunfermline and can only go 40mph on an open bit of dual carriage way where there are no road workers.

Dose o' shite.

Coming home from Forfar just now and about 20yards before a blind corner some trumpet in a ban was parked on my side of the road facing the wrong way. He was on the phone and looking through paperwork and doing his upmost to ignore me. Of course when I finally build up the courage to pull out and pass him a van comes wheeling round the corner towards me, first time in the car that I've had a propper fleg.