Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Sports Directs no refund returns policy.

They're a buch of fucking c***s,who employ total wankoids as staff.

Darren the supervisor at Falkirk branch is King Wankoid :angry:

I've never bought anything more than £5 from them. So mostly shorts or cheap runing tops, but I love how I'm keeping Mike Ashley in business with my wee donations throughout the year.

They also tend to send you a MASSIVE mug everytime you order from them via Amazon. I've got about 4 of them and can't get rid of them. Toying with the idea of giving them as Christmas gifts just for the shiteness of receiving it and seeing their face opening up it up seeing SPORTS DIRECT across the front of it.

The stores are awful places, I've been to a couple of stores and it's always glaikit, neddy staff. But I quite like ordering stuff from the website and I haven't had any problems so far

Choked with the cold, thumping headache and to make matters worse, I took a knock in the ribs at 5's last night and now they are either bruised or just sore, but its making breathing painful none the less. :(

Two and a half hours to complete a hospital appointment. Add that to the fact that half an hour in I overheard one keelie nurse say to another at two o'clock 'that's us hauf an oor ahint, just seein the twinty past yin appointments noo!' despite the fact that she'd told us we'd be seen quickly because the clinic didn't open until half past one.

So I decide to leave the wife waiting and go to Morrisons so we'd make it back home for the boy coming in from school. I rush round getting what was needed and get to the checkout. The till operator was a dead ringer for Zelda from the Terrahawks and was busy having a chat with the woman she had just served, including pointing out where she could have got items on her receipt cheaper. Not content to be the ugliest woman this side of Saturn, she was also a mouth breather. Magnificent. By the time she was having the same chat with the next woman in the queue (who was a pensioner, more of her later) the guy behind me asked her politely if she could hurry up. She shot him a look like he was a doad of shite she'd just stood in and continued chatting. Initially I thought she was aiming the look at me, but she was actually cross-eyed so I assume I just got the lazy eye.

So, to the pensioner. Why is it that pensioners wait until the very moment they are asked for money at a till to stare into middle distance as though remembering their first ride in an air raid shelter in Saltcoats in 1940? This wizened old goat moved at a pace that would make an overfed snail blush, and by the time she'd fumbled around for her bag, unzipped it, fumbled again for her purse, opened it, examined every bank note like it was the first she'd ever set eyes on and actually handed over the cash, I was almost dry of the water that was dripping off me from the ice age that had just ended.

Next I'm returning to Crosshouse to pick up the wife. I come off the roundabout entering the hospital and the woman in a Renault in front of me stops at the exit of the roundabout, blocking the whole road. Just stops mind, not indicating or anything. So I'm sat behind her, almost blocking the whole roundabout. About two minutes pass (by which time there are cars behind me and traffic is at a standstill) and I'm on the verge of ramming the back end of her French pile of shite when I notice this geriatric with a stick that can barely walk waving at her. She waves back and I'm thinking 'surely not...?'

But yes. Yes indeed. The Renault woman had stopped the entire traffic flow at a major hospital to pick up her relative. The crucial point is: she was TWENTY YARDS from the turning into the designated pick up point, where there is a gigantic sign with the helpful words 'Pick Up Point' emblazoned upon, along with an equally helpful (if not more so!) arrow pointing towards the pick up point. TWENTY FUCKING YARDS!! To cap it all off with a steaming crown of dripping turds, the old woman had to come FROM THE PICK UP POINT out into the road to get in her rusty pile of stupidly-shaped Eurobanger.

I swear, one day I am going to go John Goodman in The Big Lebowski on one of these ignorant fucking underclass mouth-breathing scumballs. Let's see how smug you are about bringing traffic to a standstill when I'm banging the fucking panels of your Clampitt Crapmobile in with a fucking bat, cunto.

That was my Thursday afternoon. :angry:

What do you mean by a "contact record"? The current situation (at Glasgow, at least) is that you can provide phone numbers to the University's central database (formerly Websurf, now MyCampus) for registration purposes, but this information is not passed on to individual departments per se. The department itself may request, for instance, a mailing address, but they may not distribute that address to third parties like other students under the terms of the DPA and as a result all communication takes place either on the intranet Moodle forum or through University E-mail accounts. One of my tutors in second year politics did ask for personal email addresses so he could send out journal articles for our IR course (presumably believing, correctly, that politics students aren't 100% reliable when it comes to using a University email account, even though it takes all of 2 minutes to set-up a forwarding setting to a main mail account) and my 1st year politics tutor distributed a personal email contact, but asides that, the expectation and standard practice is that University accounts are used for all communications and no other contact details may be distributed at will by either the department or the University.

In any case, this is an Honours class.

Websurf/MyCampus either didn't exist or wasn't used by any department/faculty I studied in when I was at uni. We had a sheet of paper given out at the start of the year in which we filled in our addresses, numbers, 'other' email addresses (as they had the uni one already, of course.) The part about how they can't just give it out when it's asked for is probably true, but in reality I doubt anyone would have considered the DPA if asked for a classmate's phone number (perhaps wrongly.)

Websurf/MyCampus either didn't exist or wasn't used by any department/faculty I studied in when I was at uni. We had a sheet of paper given out at the start of the year in which we filled in our addresses, numbers, 'other' email addresses (as they had the uni one already, of course.) The part about how they can't just give it out when it's asked for is probably true, but in reality I doubt anyone would have considered the DPA if asked for a classmate's phone number (perhaps wrongly.)

Public bodies have to be quite anal about Data Protection issues these days. It seems trivial but they can land themselves in serious difficulties if something goes wrong.

I suspect the way Unis administrate personal details has changed a fair bit since you left, mostly as a consequence of data being held on big databases, which usually crash when exam results are due out. <_<

Yip they annoy me too. I was returning shoes the other week, "no refunds only exchanges". Only they didn't have the shoes in my size (every size but mine to be precise). So on the offer of a giftcard I said "ah great that's fine, I'll just get them online", thinking I can get the specific size and use the gift card there.

"You can't use gift cards online."

"Why not?"

"I don't know."

By the time you have to deal with the braindead staff (A mate of mine works there but he is actually literate and a good guy, by far in the minority), most of whom foreign and incapable of comprehending basic questions. My flatmate asked this employee where the scotland tops were (on the day of a big qualifier), only to be shown rugby shirts. Who in Scotland would assume you were talking about rugby? And after that was shown t shirts with a saltire on them. He gave up and walked out. And to top it all Mike Ashley owns them. Where's the justice?

The stores are awful places, I've been to a couple of stores and it's always glaikit, neddy staff. But I quite like ordering stuff from the website and I haven't had any problems so far

there's one on argyle street that is nigh on impossible to get out of. i went in by myself once, made a purchase and i'm not lying when i say that it took at least another 5 minutes for me to find my way out the store.

there's one on argyle street that is nigh on impossible to get out of. i went in by myself once, made a purchase and i'm not lying when i say that it took at least another 5 minutes for me to find my way out the store.

Probably says more about you than it does about Sports Direct, tbh.