Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

And I was supposed to summon his phone number out of thin air when I didn't even know who he was (in so far as name to a face and vice versa),

You get it from the department secretary. Rendering the rest of your tear-stained mitigation moot. Unlucky.

Yeah they are Swampy. Of course like anything else that's fashionable, if you wear them then you are a poov.

That's not fair, though. I've been wearing them for years. Am I supposed to stop because some dickheads have hijacked them?

You get it from the department secretary. Rendering the rest of your tear-stained mitigation moot. Unlucky.

Uh fail. The Politics Department do not keep students' phone numbers. Any contact details are stored on the University Database and are subject to DPA constraints.

Uh fail. The Politics Department do not keep students' phone numbers. Any contact details are stored on the University Database and are subject to DPA constraints.

They certainly did when I was at uni: in fact all of our level 1/2 classes kept a contact record.

They certainly did when I was at uni: in fact all of our level 1/2 classes kept a contact record.

What do you mean by a "contact record"? The current situation (at Glasgow, at least) is that you can provide phone numbers to the University's central database (formerly Websurf, now MyCampus) for registration purposes, but this information is not passed on to individual departments per se. The department itself may request, for instance, a mailing address, but they may not distribute that address to third parties like other students under the terms of the DPA and as a result all communication takes place either on the intranet Moodle forum or through University E-mail accounts. One of my tutors in second year politics did ask for personal email addresses so he could send out journal articles for our IR course (presumably believing, correctly, that politics students aren't 100% reliable when it comes to using a University email account, even though it takes all of 2 minutes to set-up a forwarding setting to a main mail account) and my 1st year politics tutor distributed a personal email contact, but asides that, the expectation and standard practice is that University accounts are used for all communications and no other contact details may be distributed at will by either the department or the University.

In any case, this is an Honours class.

I am 100% serious. I never take "I couldn't get in touch with him" as an excuse unless they really did exhaust all possibilities.

And I was supposed to summon his phone number out of thin air when I didn't even know who he was (in so far as name to a face and vice versa), only knew he was due to share in the seminar work on Wednesday 19th at about 4pm, when he had left before the group had a chance to identify and flag him down for contact details, and when therefore the only method of contact with just his name and matriculation number to go on was his University email.

I even tried searching for him on Facebook, but I couldn't find him on there either. Put simply, all possibilities, short of breaching the Data Protection Act, were pretty much exhausted.

What do you mean by a "contact record"? The current situation (at Glasgow, at least) is that you can provide phone numbers to the University's central database (formerly Websurf, now MyCampus) for registration purposes, but this information is not passed on to individual departments per se. The department itself may request, for instance, a mailing address, but they may not distribute that address to third parties like other students under the terms of the DPA and as a result all communication takes place either on the intranet Moodle forum or through University E-mail accounts. One of my tutors in second year politics did ask for personal email addresses so he could send out journal articles for our IR course (presumably believing, correctly, that politics students aren't 100% reliable when it comes to using a University email account, even though it takes all of 2 minutes to set-up a forwarding setting to a main mail account) and my 1st year politics tutor distributed a personal email contact, but asides that, the expectation and standard practice is that University accounts are used for all communications and no other contact details may be distributed at will by either the department or the University.

In any case, this is an Honours class.

tumblr_lqnh7dSxBD1qms9vo.gif

Falling asleep at 9pm for 7 minutes. Yeah, it was refreshing at the time but I'm now wide-awake and nowhere near sleeping. Lucky that I'm dole scum so I can sleep in tomorrow but it would be nice to be in my bed and snoozing away.

So envious of folk that have the ability to nap through the day or evening yet when 11pm rolls along they are tucked up and snooring 11.05.

People parking so close to the arse of your car you have to put the shopping in sideways then pull a 4 point turn to get out of the parking space.

people parking so far back in the space you have to go rubber bumper to rubber bumpers with them .

:ph34r: