Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I have been given antibiotics (Metronidazole) and was told not to drink alcohol while taking them. I know this is generic advice and know that you can 'safely' drink alcohol with some types (it just reduces their effectiveness) but a google reveals the type I'm on will fuck me up big time if I have a sip of drink.

:(

Yep those are the ones they give alcoholics to stop them drinking, as you will be violently sick. They're also the ones they give people who have STIs :P

Yep those are the ones they give alcoholics to stop them drinking, as you will be violently sick. They're also the ones they give people who have STIs :P

Either you are a regular BNF reader, or you have something you'd like to share with the group.

Anyway, metronidazole is for dental infections. You're thinking of disulfiram, which has a similar effect when mixed with alcohol. I actually am a BNF reader. :P

Either you are a regular BNF reader, or you have something you'd like to share with the group.

Anyway, metronidazole is for dental infections. You're thinking of disulfiram, which has a similar effect when mixed with alcohol. I actually am a BNF reader. :P

Yes, that's the trap I fell into. I admitted on here I had been given metronidazole for a gum infection, and was promptly told it was because I had the scabies :lol:

Yeah, it's for a gum infection.

I had an emergency appointment today, but by coincidence I have my 6 month check up next Wednesday. If I hadn't had that I might have just postponed taking them til Sunday night/Monday morning, but if I pitch up then and say I've just started taking them he's going to be pissed off and if I lie and say I have taken them all but it's had little/no effect, I'll be booked in to have my wisdom teeth removed.

For once in my life I'm just taking the sensible option and start taking them now and forego the drink.

Some little junkie bint at the door asking for her mate, "yer at the wrong door she doesn't stay here" "awrite, shi musta moved then".

Well I've only been here the last 13 years so yeah her mate could have lived in this house when she was 10.:blink:

Yeah, it's for a gum infection.

I had an emergency appointment today, but by coincidence I have my 6 month check up next Wednesday. If I hadn't had that I might have just postponed taking them til Sunday night/Monday morning, but if I pitch up then and say I've just started taking them he's going to be pissed off and if I lie and say I have taken them all but it's had little/no effect, I'll be booked in to have my wisdom teeth removed.

For once in my life I'm just taking the sensible option and start taking them now and forego the drink.

Bagsy your complimentary beer.

Was out in my van today when i was approaching a roundabout, 1 where theirs 2 lanes for either going straight ahead or right, the woman infront of me was indicating right but in the left side lane :blink: she proceeded to go right.

I'm not annoyed at the bad driving, just wondered what the dumb bitch thought the right lane was for and what she would've done if somebody was in the right lane beside her?

Yeah, Dave said he told him he could make it.

I'm just going to sit in the flat on Saturday and have a crywank.

You could at least try it and see what the bevvy does. worst comes to worst, you end up totally monged and spewing everywhere - which is exactly what will happen if the pills don't f**k you up.

My TV and Freeview box have decided to only show BBC channels and radio shows. :(

Is this part of the switchover, or is my signal just being a dick?

Could be that the box needs retuned or it could be that your signal input is being disrupted. You'll still be getting the BBC channels because they're all spread across what is only a couple of frequencies with different digital decoding.

Could be that the box needs retuned or it could be that your signal input is being disrupted. You'll still be getting the BBC channels because they're all spread across what is only a couple of frequencies with different digital decoding.

I tried re-tuning, but it's only finding the BBC ones. My friend says he has the same problem.

Edit- I'm unsure whether this article is good or bad...

Edited by Smurph