Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I can get an appointment at my Doctors on the day I phone up, even if it's not an emergency. Up yeez.

Our surgery says that you can choose either an advance appointment or a same day. In reality, you used to be able to do that, but now you can't actually see anyone at all, because they run a triage service. A doctor will call you back and diagnose you over the phone so they don't even have to see patients. It's a ridiculous service that seems to do nothing but put people off making appointments. I've been needing an appointment for weeks, but it means devoting an entire day at a time to phoning to arrange a call, waiting for a call back and then making an appointment. Never does the doctor feel an appointment is necessary and will write out a prescription for you to collect another time - which is great when their diagnosis is correct, but a pain in the arse if it's not because you then have to try whatever they've prescribed and give it a few days to not work before you can call back.

Christ, what have I started :P

I realise that most surgery's are really busy but what gets me is that there is ALWAYS appointments kept open but never used.

Whilst my appointment is not serious, as in life-threatining, it is something that needs addressed .

Oh, and those that dont turn up for their appointments, f**k right off!!!

It used to be a week for me, but if you phone before 8.30 you get same day now, after 8.30 you get one a week or so later. Weird. Fortunately I've had to go around once in the last five years.

I realise that most surgery's are really busy but what gets me is that there is ALWAYS appointments kept open but never used.

Whilst my appointment is not serious, as in life-threatining, it is something that needs addressed .

They tend to be for emergencies. You've just admitted that yours isn't. :P

They tend to be for emergencies. You've just admitted that yours isn't. :P

In fairness, if it were life threatening you'd want an ambulance, not a 10 minute chat with your GP!

Our surgery says that you can choose either an advance appointment or a same day. In reality, you used to be able to do that, but now you can't actually see anyone at all, because they run a triage service. A doctor will call you back and diagnose you over the phone so they don't even have to see patients. It's a ridiculous service that seems to do nothing but put people off making appointments. I've been needing an appointment for weeks, but it means devoting an entire day at a time to phoning to arrange a call, waiting for a call back and then making an appointment. Never does the doctor feel an appointment is necessary and will write out a prescription for you to collect another time - which is great when their diagnosis is correct, but a pain in the arse if it's not because you then have to try whatever they've prescribed and give it a few days to not work before you can call back.

I think that is common for most "city" Doctors Surgeries. I'd rather waste my time going up to my mums to the Crieff doctors than join a Glasgow one. At least I know I will get an appointment and get to see my doctor.

I have been given antibiotics (Metronidazole) and was told not to drink alcohol while taking them. I know this is generic advice and know that you can 'safely' drink alcohol with some types (it just reduces their effectiveness) but a google reveals the type I'm on will fuck me up big time if I have a sip of drink.

:(

I have been given antibiotics (Metronidazole) and was told not to drink alcohol while taking them. I know this is generic advice and know that you can 'safely' drink alcohol with some types (it just reduces their effectiveness) but a google reveals the type I'm on will fuck me up big time if I have a sip of drink.

:(

Irn Bru for you at Fives then.