Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

A certain P&B'er on my Facebook has uploaded a photo of himself whilst planking. Looks a bit of a plonker, if I'm honest. :rolleyes:

:(

Trying to get an appointment at the docs. If u ain't dying, they try and pass you off.

Have to try again tomorrow

My Doctor is the same,if your not dying or a child then you wont get an appointment for the same day.

My Doctor is the same,if your not dying or a child then you wont get an appointment for the same day.

Got through this morning. Only thing is my appointment is tomorrow morning and not with my regular doctor. Ach well, better than nothing

Got through this morning. Only thing is my appointment is tomorrow morning and not with my regular doctor. Ach well, better than nothing

At least you have an appointment. I normally get an appointment three days later,it's even worse when it is time for the flu jabs to be given out.

At least you have an appointment. I normally get an appointment three days later,it's even worse when it is time for the flu jabs to be given out.

At my surgery the flu jabs are given by nurses, not doctors, so they don't impede on doctor's appointments.

I am shocked and disgusted that people are having to wait 2 or 3 days for doctor's appointments. How dare other people get sick before them! It's a fucking disgrace.

You use to only be able to book an appointment for 14 days later at my doctors, but this has recently changed to 3 days.

If it's serious enough you can go and get an emergency appointment (or go to a hospital). Really failing to see the massive problem.

I can get an appointment at my Doctors on the day I phone up, even if it's not an emergency. Up yeez.

Same here.

I'm not sure if I've just been lucky as I've only been to the doctors maybe 3 times in the past 10 years but each time I phoned up first thing in the morning and got an appointment for latter that day.

Edit: Last time I phoned up at the back of four to book an appointment and the receptionist told me that they were open until 7pm that night and just to pop along.

Edited by Jimmy85

I've never had a problem getting a GP appointment within 24 hours. Normally if you call during the day they try to fob you off with something late the following day or the day after, but if you call first thing in the morning and ask if there's a space somewhere they'll usually find a space later that morning.

Edit: actually that's not strictly true. I had to book a fortnight in advance to get an appointment at the on-campus GP practice earlier this year. Up in Aberdeen I've seen my GP maybe 20 times or so in 12 years and never had a problem.

Edited by Ad Lib