Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Anyone hear the thunder there?

It was quite bad through here earlier. Looks as though we are heading for another downpour and then possibly more thunder sad.gif

So the "UK" is the same as "England and Wales"? If it was an international article, I wouldn't say anything, but its a domestic one, aimed at the British audience. Its just like the map that was showing how "Britain's" soil was drying out, right in the face of all the evidence on the very maps they were talking about. If I was Catalan, and had endured record rainfall, but a domestic newspaper reported that Spain had suffered a massive drought, I can imagine I would also get a little shirty.

But the article says "gardeners in the UK" which is perfectly true. It doesn't say "All gardeners in the UK", because that would be wrong and would have every reason to irritate you. When there's baggage handler strikes in Paris, do news reports say "Passengers at UK airports were delayed" as their opening bit, or do they say "Passengers at UK airports wishing to travel to Paris, or hoping to catch a connecting flight from there, were delayed"? Does it mention people in other airports worldwide that wanted to travel to France but are stuck at their own airports? Nope. It's an opener, an introduction. Nothing more. You're certainly right that it's annoyed you more than it should.

My deepest apologies people, my last post was meant for the "Things I would like to share with P&B" thread.

Again, my apologies.

£3.20 for a Kids box meal at the chippy in Bonnybridge for the wean. Hardly any chips and 3 scabby wee fishfingers. An adult supper starts from £3.50. Oh how us parents are exploited mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

I dropped in there once on the way home from Cumbernauld and near shat myself, not at the quality but the price :huh: At least have the grace to wear a mask you robbing b*****ds :angry:

My deepest apologies people, my last post was meant for the "Things I would like to share with P&B" thread.

Again, my apologies.

Works just as well in here: I agree with your assessment but cans are much harder to find than bottles, so it is indeed an annoyance.

I've burned four steak pies (like the ones you get at football) today, that were for my lunch/dinner :(

The first two I did as the box said but forgot I put the fan assist on, yet the second time I did the same, checked 10 mins earlier and the same thing happened :huh:

Getting wired in about this bird in ABC last night and my pal comes over and starts trying to fight with her. No the best thing she's ever done. dry.gif

I admire your bravery at admitting to "getting wired in about this bird in the ABC" and posting it on a P&B forum!

Good luck !

Had a full day boozing planned to celebrate my last ever day of college. Stayed in last night so i could cope better. Now i've got a pounding head and feel like shite dry.gif

Lesson learned: Never turn down a night out

I admire your bravery at admitting to "getting wired in about this bird in the ABC" and posting it on a P&B forum!

Good luck !

No shame in that. ABC is a quality night out and a lot of tidy John McVeigh is a tit as well. Although the only thing that is annoying is that they don't let you back in if you go out. They only place to go out is the smokers area.

Edit: m i n g e seems to change to 'John McVeigh is a tit'.

Edited by buddie06smfc