Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Went for a job interview today, or 'informal chat' as they call it. First off I did the proper thing, name hand shake, etc. Now I don't know if he was rude or just bored, but the guy doing the interview didn't even tell me his name. Now the talk lasted less than 5 minutes, apparently they were only looking fo management, well why did they ask me to come in then. :angry:

Also at the end, he was so condesending, says he would give me a call about the part-time stuff and called me a 'good kid'. Now if he had been a bit nicer it would of been alright, but I felt like he had completely disregarded me and sort of wasted my time.

Albeit he did say only 10 people would get a call back (sso I'm doubtful) from 100, but ended with only 1% of the people getting a job, basic maths skills. :huh:

Sorry rant over, I was just a bit pissed off.

I used to like Glasgow until I met folk from Glasgow and all they did was the rip the pish out of me (shouting KEN LIKE, EH!? in my pus etc) and tell me how much of a shitehole I came from. I don't like Glasgow any more.

Yeah, I get a lot of people uni going "alright Ken, how's things Ken?", which is hilarious every time. To be fair though it's all pretty harmless, I'm sure a weegie in Edinburgh would get the same.

Edinburgh people think Edinburgh is superior. Glasgow peope think Glasgow is superior. Nobody will admit the contary, it's also increadibly boring and doesn't actually matter. The word 'tedious' is overused on this forum but this argment wins hands down in the tedium stakes and is of no relevence, concern or interest to people who reside outwith those two cites. The 'rivaly' reflects badly on both Edinburgh and Glasgow people. Snobbery of the highest order exists equally on both sides... just accept both places have different pros and cons and move the f**k on.

I think with weegies it's more inverted snobbery, compared to Edinburgh's full on snobbery. Either way you're right, both cities have more than enough pros and cons, so live and let live and all that.

Sorry for the double post but whilst I'm here, people that sit in places like libraries munching away slowly on a bag of crisps with their mouths open whilst breathing heavily out their nose, these people need shot. It's so inconsiderate and cuntish, the sound of it boils my piss. I've had to go and move to a different seat because this Indian guy took half an hour to noisily get through his Disco's, f**k sake. :angry:

Edited by Guest

Guest The Phoenix

I need a shit but my brother beat me to the toilet and now he's doing the dirty! f**k sake!

What the hell is she doing in there? :unsure:

What the hell is she doing in there? :unsure:

:lol: He's taking a long time so I'm not too sure what he's doing in there. Not sure if I want a shit anymore. :unsure:

If he's struggling , tell him to put his heel on it and stand up.

:lol:

He's obviously having a toilet w**k. Blast the jizz down the bog and flush.

Aye but I've got to put my bare arse over the same place only momenet afterwards!

Well I should end all this by saying the boy has decided to have a shower after taking a dump! I'm fucking touching cloth! What a w**k!

Edited by uni

£1 Jagerbombs and £1 Vodka and Coke did lead me to having to borrow money to fund my night though as I was piling through them.

:wacko:

We met up with a stag do in Portugal for a few nights last week, and it seemed like every single round was a tray of that stuff. Never been so bored of a drink in all my life!

I was also drinking beer. But I started drinking at 12 in the afternoon and I wanted to go out so I had to save money and a 4 litre of Strongbow was the cheap option.

It was also a pound a Jagerbomb in the Underground, that should be illegal.

Underground in Dundee? That place is fun...

I did my ankle ligaments playing 7s last night. I injured the same ankle in the same way last year and it had been noticeably weaker since then, but I did seem to be regaining strength in the ankle and it had stopped giving me the occasional bother. I'm now back to square one. :(

Mercifully, my foot hasn't went purple like it did last time, but I will be limping around for the next couple of weeks which is enough to irritate me.

This shouldn't irritate me, but it does:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-13668342

Gardeners in the UK are facing a difficult summer after the driest spring in over 100 years. But how can home horticulturists cope? Summer is a time of excitement for gardeners conjuring up manicured lawns, immaculate roses, and a cornucopia of other flora. But this year the usual optimism is in danger of drying up.

Across England and Wales spring rainfall was 86.9mm - the driest since 1893, according to the Met Office. It's meant problems for gardeners. The dry spring "knocked gardeners off balance", says Peter Gibbs, presenter of BBC Radio Four's Gardeners' Question Time. This menace contrasts with the usual threat of spring frosts.

But then at the end of the article we have:

Not all areas of the UK are suffering from the dry weather as Scotland saw three times the average amount of rain this spring. "Scottish people have a much more sensible attitude towards it - they are not put off by bad weather," says Lesley Watson, RHS judge and owner of New Hopetoun Gardens near Edinburgh. Bananas and palms were never grown here as we're very realistic about what can and can't be grown in Scotland."

To put it in brief:

Gardeners in the UK are facing a difficult summer after the driest spring in over 100 years... Not all areas of the UK are suffering from the dry weather as Scotland saw three times the average amount of rain this spring.

Yet another article that uses "UK" to mean "England". <_<

This shouldn't irritate me, but it does:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-13668342

But then at the end of the article we have:

To put it in brief:

Yet another article that uses "UK" to mean "England". <_<

Ehm, no. England AND Wales saw reduced rainfall. If the Rhineland and Bavaria had below average rainfall whilst Berlin and Hamburg had double, you wouldn't be complaining if it said "Germany" was suffering drought.

And Wales, which is specifically mentions. <_<

Ehm, no. England AND Wales saw reduced rainfall. If the Rhineland and Bavaria had below average rainfall whilst Berlin and Hamburg had double, you wouldn't be complaining if it said "Germany" was suffering drought.

So the "UK" is the same as "England and Wales"? If it was an international article, I wouldn't say anything, but its a domestic one, aimed at the British audience. Its just like the map that was showing how "Britain's" soil was drying out, right in the face of all the evidence on the very maps they were talking about. If I was Catalan, and had endured record rainfall, but a domestic newspaper reported that Spain had suffered a massive drought, I can imagine I would also get a little shirty.