Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Wallopers walking about wearing shorts today. Aye it's sunny but it's still only about 6 degrees. I hate students.

worse than that are the ones who were wearing flip-flops. i wouldn't even find that acceptable in the middle-east.

Edited by bullywee

Ridiculous encounter with bureaucracy today.

The wife was toying with the idea of childminding as it would suit her as we have small kids at school and it would tie in with school holidays and all that crap.

Fucking hell!! The list of things this CARE Commision bitch wanted us to do to the house :lol:

As soon as the wifie left the house the wife and I both looked at each other and said f**k this. The ridiculous thing is that the wife was a registered childminder three years ago and gave it up as she was fed up with it. But the new rules and regulations are astonishing. We have a pile of paperwork here which we are both pointing and laughing at.

As soon as the government get involved in anything it becomes fucking retarded.

The wife was toying with the idea of childminding as it would suit her as we have small kids at school and it would tie in with school holidays and all that crap.

Fucking hell!! The list of things this CARE Commision bitch wanted us to do to the house :lol:

As soon as the wifie left the house the wife and I both looked at each other and said f**k this. The ridiculous thing is that the wife was a registered childminder three years ago and gave it up as she was fed up with it. But the new rules and regulations are astonishing. We have a pile of paperwork here which we are both pointing and laughing at.

Welcome to the world of The Quality Care Commission.

Ah the Care Commission. The couple of days I had off work last summer was when they decided to do an unannounced spot-check of our venue. They take the piss on certain issues. Thank f**k I wasn't there because inevitably I would have been the one to f**k up.

Ah the Care Commission. The couple of days I had off work last summer was when they decided to do an unannounced spot-check of our venue. They take the piss on certain issues. Thank f**k I wasn't there because inevitably I would have been the one to f**k up.

Yeah. It definitely didn't used to be as bad as this though.

I mean, childminding from home. They expected me to change the front door in case some mutant runs into it? The house is big so we have to have three smoke alarms wired into the mains(fair enough) whereas last time we had those ones that sort of go into a light fitting. A fence round the greehouse in case some kid walks through it. Gates fucking everywhere. Fences all over the fucking place.

A dossier to be produced weekly to show what you did with the kid and where you went including photographic proof and how you feel the child benefitted from the trip. Oh there is more, much more. I dont especially blame the wifie that came here, although she is a known bitch. But the vast majority of what they want has absolutely diddly squat to do with looking after someones kids. Thankfully this was a brush with government pish and it will be the last one as far as I am concerned. How they can make something so fucking complex is anyones guess. I was delighted to find that our taxation is being put to such good use.

It must be fun running a nursery or a nursing home or something like that. Bloody hell its a one way ticket to ulcerville :lol:

Guest The Phoenix

Toothache. It's fucking horrible, I even cried in a public place today as it was hurting me that bad. sad.gif

Rub neat whisky onto the tooth and surrounding gum.

No whisky in this household tongue.gif I'll just need to suffer until the morning and hope my dentist will see me.

Anything will do...Gin, Vodka, rum. All three. Just sloosh it aboot your gub. Don't bother with Lily Liver's dabbing it on advice, and swallow it don't spit it out. Repeat that dose a few times.

Anything will do...Gin, Vodka, rum. All three. Just sloosh it aboot your gub. Don't bother with Lily Liver's dabbing it on advice, and swallow it don't spit it out. Repeat that dose a few times.

I don't drink but if the pain gets worse, I'll take on your advice, a few sips will probably suffice. Then I'll be steaming and won't care about the pain.

If you get Amoxcillin it works wonders. When I had bad toothache they prescribed me them, and I've kept a few behind if I get it in the future.

That's an anti-biotic for an infection. What if there is no infection. It could be a crack in the tooth. Leave this to us dentists on here son.

Guest The Phoenix

That's an anti-biotic for an infection. What if there is no infection. It could be a crack in the tooth. Leave this to us dentists on here son.

My brother actually is a dentist.

He also drinks a lot.

Guest The Phoenix

That sign on the M8 on the way into Glasgow that tells you how long it will take to get to the SECC/Erskine Bridge etc.

It's accurate and useful really, but pisses me right off everytime I pass it.

I just see it as a challenge to beat the advertised time.