Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Just you wait, after Sunday all you will hear about will be Christmas!

I'm dreading Christmas this year as it will be the first since I lost my Mum.

I just know people will be like are you looking forward to Chrismas and I will be like No and they will be like aw come on, it's great fun, don't be a Scrooge and I will be like well, ok, and they will be like come on be more enthusiastic and I will be like right fine, whatever.

Not the best story ever - sorry!

I just know people will be like are you looking forward to Chrismas and I will be like No and they will be like aw come on, it's great fun, don't be a Scrooge and I will be like well, ok, and they will be like come on be more enthusiastic and I will be like right fine, whatever.

Chin up mate.

It's a difficult time for lots of people ,which imho is made worse by the cozy ,happy family portrails that get shoved down your throat in every advertising campaign leading up to it .

Do what's right for you and don't let anyone put pressure on you to do anything you don't want to.

Remember your friends will also be aware of your grief and maybe try a bit too hard at times to make you feel better,but they'll be doing it with a good heart

Edited by Unleash The Nade

You get a couple of weeks off. Surely that's a reason to look forward to Christmas.

I'm being abandoned by my family this Christmas as usual. I get the option to go on holiday with my parents over the Christmas period but I always reject because I much prefer being at home than at a generic Spanish island resort. My sister works in Manchester and I'm not sure if she'll be able to get a few days off so it looks like I'll be all alone (after courtesy vist to my uncle's for dinner).

You can come round to mine and we can drink Mad Dog and bitch about how much we hate the world.

EDIT - Actually, my friend will be up.

Edited by Fudge

Yes!

I was at ASDA with my mum earlier and went to stub a fag out on top of the bin outside the front door, and was greeted by some school kid (looked about 6 or 7) coming over to the bin and kicking it repeatedly about 7 times. I couldn't fathom what happened until I heard an absolute beast of a roar right in my ear from his mother who was standing no more than a metre behind me, "MICHAEL DODDS YOU ARE GROUNDED FOR A MONTH!" Think I just about jobbied myself.

Fucking kids.

Be worse when your maw grounds you for a month when she finds oot ye smoke :P

Edited by Sir Kevin Of Kilsyth

Found out that I'm working tomorrow, meaning I'm going to miss the first league game I could afford/could be arsed going to.

Also, absolutely no-where in town sells any CD's by Arab Strap.

Avalanche, or whatever it's called these days does. The sell CD's by the Blue Nile, so surely Arab Strap must be there. :lol: .

Chin up mate.

Its a difficult time for lots of people ,which imho is made worse by the cozy ,happy family portails that get shoved down your throat in every advertising campaign leading up to it .

Do whats right for you and dont let anyone put pressure on you to do anything you dont want to.

Remember your friends will also be aware of your grief and maybe try a bit too hard at times to make you feel better,but they'll be doing it with a good heart

You get a couple of weeks off. Surely that's a reason to look forward to Christmas.

I'm being abandoned by my family this Christmas as usual. I get the option to go on holiday with my parents over the Christmas period but I always reject because I much prefer being at home than at a generic Spanish island resort. My sister works in Manchester and I'm not sure if she'll be able to get a few days off so it looks like I'll be all alone (after courtesy vist to my uncle's for dinner).

You can come round to mine and we can drink Mad Dog and bitch about how much we hate the world.

EDIT - Actually, my friend will be up.

Heh, thanks you 2. I would normally look forward to Christmas Holidays :D but this year nah, not in the slightest. Not had any of the old Mad Dog in years, used to enjoy a wee tipple along with Moscatel de Valencia, a cheeky wee dessert wine that was strong - and cheap.

Roll on Easter!

I'm a complete idiot. I went out to buy a stick on moustache to go with my 'mutilated footballer' costume for halloween, and it was only when I got home and looked in the mirror to see how it went with the getup that I remembered I have a full beard. I've had some form of facial hair for 7 years, how the f**k could I forget? :huh:

Have you tired the Avalance store just up from Queen St Station? I had a look in there for some old albums and there was hundreds of bands, some of who i've never heard of.

Avalanche, or whatever it's called these days does. The sell CD's by the Blue Nile, so surely Arab Strap must be there. :lol: .

My favourite music store. Have a swatch in HMV, refuse to pay a tenner for a five-year old CD. Go to Fopp, consider paying a fiver for the same CD. Go to Avalanche, get it for a tenner, but with another two CD's with it in one of their deals. Missing (under Central Station) isn't too bad either.

I've looked, and there's a tab for them, but all it's had in it for the past few weeks is Malcolm Middleton's solo work (which isn't bad, but Arab Strap are better). All three HMV's don't have any, and neither does Fopp.

They had two albums in the HMV in Clydebank today, but they're remastered copies of their earliest work.

'Love Music' nowadays unsure.gif It gets worse every time I go there.

It's still Avalanche (Records) to me. I'm always going to refer to it as that.

Edited by Smurph

I'm sorry to hear that Stuart. But it is horrible when people try to force you to have a good time, especially when you don't really want to. Don't let them push you around, just be yourself.

I will be having nothing to do with it again. I'm going abroad on the 28th, so I'll just loaf about in my house on christmas day, avoiding the festivities.

I'm sorry to hear that Stuart. But it is horrible when people try to force you to have a good time, especially when you don't really want to. Don't let them push you around, just be yourself.

I will be having nothing to do with it again. I'm going abroad on the 28th, so I'll just loaf about in my house on christmas day, avoiding the festivities.

I was planning on going home for christmas, but I can't decide if I want to now. Okay I won't see my family (who I haven't seen in three years) but there's nothing else that I'd miss really. I'd rather visit another time when less drink and bickering will be involved.

The only downside is that the people left here over xmas tend to be absolute miserable b*****ds.

I was planning on going home for christmas, but I can't decide if I want to now. Okay I won't see my family (who I haven't seen in three years) but there's nothing else that I'd miss really. I'd rather visit another time when less drink and bickering will be involved.

The only downside is that the people left here over xmas tend to be absolute miserable b*****ds.

The only time I ever really got in serious arguments with my family was over, surprise surprise, christmas. I see my family all the time anyway, so I don't need to see them, but if I was in your situation, I'd go over at any other time of the year.

The only time I ever really got in serious arguments with my family was over, surprise surprise, christmas. I see my family all the time anyway, so I don't need to see them, but if I was in your situation, I'd go over at any other time of the year.

Christmas can't come soon enough. I can't really put my finger on it, but there's just something about it that makes me feel good about life as a whole. I've been playing a lot of Christmas music recently to reduce stress levels and it works a treat.

Go home for Christmas. We're down in Bristol this year, we can meet up furra beer!