Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest The Phoenix

It wouldn't be fair on you for us to enter into a debate about administration.

Indeed. ;)

PS I genuinely hope everything works out for the real fans of Dundee FC

A non-scientist by choice rather than through lack of ability or credentials ;)

That's clearly nonsense, because anyone who has the ability to be a scientist is one.

You would not choose a different career path.

Science is based on empiricism, and the evidence suggests contrary to your hypothesis... perhaps it is you who does not apply consistently the derived scientific methods?

On the contrary, the evidence is very much in my favour as proven by lawyers requiring expert witnesses.

Clearly, if they were capable of scientific thought, they would construct their own arguments and not rely on somebody else's.

You make three classic errors not very becoming of a so-called scientist:

Anecdotes don't serve as rules

Ability and capacity are not the same

An isolated means cannot necessarily be inferred from the result alone

You also make a factual error, as in a court of law expert witnesses don't "construct" arguments at all. They present evidence, from which lawyers infer facts and construct arguments with respect to the law.

It wouldn't be fair on you for us to enter into a debate about argumentation.

"Kids, kids. You're both losers."

Every time I want to pause this film on my laptop I have to put down my coffee as the 'Fn' button and the pause button are about a foot apart so I can't press both at the same time using one hand.

@WILLIEA: I read that as Vincent Price... every movement is exquisite agony to me. :D

:lol:

That epitomises what this thread is all about.

This!

I've recently went from a laptop that had all the "media functions" and the volume control just above the keyboard to one that has them on existing buttons, using "Fn". It's so fecking awkward just to turn the volume down or skip a track.

This is not the convenient 21st century that I was promised.

Exactly my old Dell one had a little media control centre on the front with the video controls and sound controls in a space about 2 inches wide... now you need two hands to operate... how the f**k can someone with one hand use this, it's not exactly handicap friendly!

At least I have separate sound control buttons... stupid Lenovo!

Nay function lock button?

Nope there isn't one, I just read the help page after pressing the 'ThinkVantage' button.

I haven't given in to my addiction since Thursday afternoon. Its now Sunday night, and I'm unshaven, unclean, unsatisfied with every single thing I have done, said, or eaten this weekend, and it is only extreme effort that is stopping me from rushing out and finding a supplier to get my fix from. Its not that I'm on edge, but relaxation, concentration, or even sleep is not coming easy right now.

Guest The Phoenix

I haven't given in to my addiction since Thursday afternoon. Its now Sunday night, and I'm unshaven, unclean, unsatisfied with every single thing I have done, said, or eaten this weekend, and it is only extreme effort that is stopping me from rushing out and finding a supplier to get my fix from. Its not that I'm on edge, but relaxation, concentration, or even sleep is not coming easy right now.

So, what's new? :unsure:

Do it. Go to Tesco. 6 packs of Wotsits are 2 for 1.

Help me out P&B. As always when you have people up at your house after a night out for a few drinks, some fucking arsehole ends up there. Now, in the grand scheme of thing the damage this arsehole did was limited. However, he decided to f**k about on my PC and the toolbar is now at the top rather than the bottom, and I have no idea how to change it back. The usual tactics of switching it off then back on again and pressing every function button to see if they acheive anything have failed. This is really getting on my tits, please someone advise me as the help feature on Vista is infuriatingly shite.

Edited by Dunning1874

Help me out P&B. As always when you have people up at your house after a night out for a few drinks, some fucking arsehole ends up there. Now, in the grand scheme of thing the damage this arsehole did was limited. However, he decided to f**k about on my PC and the toolbar is now at the top rather than the bottom, and I have no idea how to change it back. The usual tactics of switching it off then back on again and pressing every function button to see if they acheive anything have failed. This is really getting on my tits, please someone advise me as the help feature on Vista is infuriatingly shite.

Right click the taskbar. Click "Lock the Taskbar" so that it is unticked. Drag the taskbar down. Right click the taslkbar. Click "Lock the Taskbar" to lock it back in place.

Should resolve your issue.

Right click the taskbar. Click "Lock the Taskbar" so that it is unticked. Drag the taskbar down. Right click the taslkbar. Click "Lock the Taskbar" to lock it back in place.

Should resolve your issue.

f**k me, it was that simple. Thank you sir. biggrin.gif