Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The idea peddled by commentators that you shouldn't be beaten at your near post. When someone blasts it high near post it's harder to save than almost any other shot/angle.

I think it's down to the idea that the near post should be better closed off before a striker as the chance to get the shot away. You're right though: by definition the near post should be harder to defend because the time between the striker shooting and the ball reaching the goal-line should be considerably shorter for the near post, and it's less expected because strikers instinctively shoot towards the bigger space as as to minimise the goalie's chance of reaching it.

I've heard people say the Young Boys keeper should have done better with Pavlyuchenko's strike. That's just madness!

It's almost always made harder because when running in at an angle a player going for the far post will often try and side foot it with curl, but when they go for the near post it's almost always blasted and quite high as a result. The height makes it even harder for the keeper as when a striker is running in from an angle they often begin to crouch slightly as they get ready to 'spring'.

Edited by Fudge

I went round to the shop to get myself some fags and a topup for my phone and walk into quite a scene.

Junkiezilla is shouting at the guy behind the counter calling him a "black b*****d" for charging him £3.50 for a bottle of Cider. His defence is that the shop round from him sells it for £3.00. He then steals a few packets of crisps to make up the money. The guy behind the counter tells him he is barred, and he has it all on CCTV, so it's no problem to him. He'll just get the police involved.

It is at this point Junkiezilla (he truly is a thing of, well, maybe not beauty, but something anyway. He must be about 6'6) storms back in and starts shouting saying if this "paki basturt" phones the police he'll smash up the shop, and smash his head in. Apparently he's just out the jail, so doesn't need the hassle(!!).

The old guy behind the counter then picks up the phone and starts talking to the police. Junkiezilla went a bit mental. He starts throwing things at the guy in the shop, and as he turns round and elbows me in the shoulder. I know that I want f**k all to do with it, so I just step back. Junkiezilla then starts screaming in tongues unknown to me. I could pick out "wit eh fucks your problem then?". I don't bother saying anything, and it's at this point Juniezilla pushes me. This is when I decided I would get involved, so I pushed him back with all my strength (which admittedly, isn't that much). He goes a few feet back, starts screaming then starts to charge towards me. His wee junkie pal, who was telling him to stop being an arsehole the whole time, runs in front of him and takes him out of the shop, all the while Junkiezilla is kicking and screaming at everyone in sight.

Now, after being in the shop for 10 minutes already I decided I'll buy my fags. Junkiezilla comes storming in once again shouting about something or other and the old man behind the counter comes out with this cracker "you come into my shop, steal my product and want me to fight? I'm not a wee man. Don't call me wee man. I'll fight you. I'm better than you!", then shouts something in his own language that I didn't understand.

Anyway, I get my fags and leave the shop. Now Junkiezilla is in the newsagents a few doors down. The guy in there is a young guy, around 25 and I've always got along well with him. Junkiezilla starts screaming at me again, at which point the guy in this shop starts shouting at him and telling him to f**k off. Enough is enough for me and I decide to go round the road. When I turn the corner I notice a police car speeding towards me, which was obviously heading for the shop.

I was tempted to go round and have a look, but I left my lighter in the house and considering I went through enough hassle just buying fags, I wanted to sit on my arse and actually enjoy one.

Tonight I'm working in a pub in the east end of Glasgow. I have a funny feeling this won't be the only fight of the day I'll get dragged into.

Happy Friday!

Nice story Toma. You must live in a wonderful area. ;)

I'm slightly confused. My laptop has just decided at random to move the taskbar from the bottom of the screen to the right hand side, and I have no idea how to get it back.

Still, I'll get used to it in time I suppose, like I did with the herpes. :(

Nice story Toma. You must live in a wonderful area. ;)

I'm slightly confused. My laptop has just decided at random to move the taskbar from the bottom of the screen to the right hand side, and I have no idea how to get it back.

Still, I'll get used to it in time I suppose, like I did with the herpes. :(

Have you tried clicking and dragging it back to the top?

Nice story Toma. You must live in a wonderful area. wink.gif

Still, I'll get used to it in time I suppose, like I did with the herpes. sad.gif

Right Click the taskbar > Properties > Taskbar location on screen > Bottom

In my absence from work this week(holiday) there have been more call offs and a sacking,which on the face of it seems very unfair,my colleague was actually asked to resign...and i am all ready on overtime from Monday...