Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

After a few really, really rubbish days in the office, where my system has completely failed to come together, my body has betrayed me. Faced with a failing system, an upcoming conference that I am not prepared to speak at, a thesis that I am months and months behind, and so, so much to do, my body has decided that despite being really tired, it doesn't want me to sleep. It doesn't want me to do work either, instead, it thinks that the best thing it can do is leave me numb with the terror of being found out, paralysed by the consequences of failure, and with only the prospect of running away and working with wolves to take the edge off my horror.

I hate insomnia related terror. Its much worse than Islamic terror. :(

It's tough being a box office poster.

We had an unfounded complaint about our dogs. To monitor it I set up CCTV while I was out and they barked less than 30secs when we left and then the same when the postman came to the door. We leave them in the kitchen when we are out but they have each other for company and other than a Wednesday aren't in for more than 3.5hrs on own.

Ours are the same, Rowan. Never let for more than 4 hours (total max!) and I know they bark when the postie arrives and if someone knocks at the door. Again prob about 30 secs.

I know for a fact they do not bark for hours on end. My previous neighbours said they never heard a peep when I was at work. (and they were the type that would have said!)

Guest The Phoenix

Drip road Stirling,Kid ran right in front a lorry.

FFS - that whole road has been traffic calmed in the not too distant past.

Terrible news.

Drip road Stirling,Kid ran right in front a lorry.

FFS - that whole road has been traffic calmed in the not too distant past.

Terrible news.

Terrible ..as Phoenix says it has more traffic calming on it that you can throw a stick at.. i tend not to drive down it as my car wants to ground on the bumps. I guess with the new school building there are more kids about.

Went to the doctors to get signed fit for work after 10 weeks of,I was told i could go back but not to lift any heavy boxes and i am only fit for office work dry.gif

I want to go back to work sad.gif

Swap shop....

After a few really, really rubbish days in the office, where my system has completely failed to come together, my body has betrayed me. Faced with a failing system, an upcoming conference that I am not prepared to speak at, a thesis that I am months and months behind, and so, so much to do, my body has decided that despite being really tired, it doesn't want me to sleep. It doesn't want me to do work either, instead, it thinks that the best thing it can do is leave me numb with the terror of being found out, paralysed by the consequences of failure, and with only the prospect of running away and working with wolves to take the edge off my horror.

I hate insomnia related terror. Its much worse than Islamic terror. :(

When's your finish date?

When's your finish date?

:: Shrugs ::

They stop paying me at the end of October. I'm nowhere near. Its going to be a few rough months. How about you? On schedule? I'll probably have to support myself for a few months while I write up. I'm just hoping to have my experiments all done by the end of October.

Edited by xbl

:: Shrugs ::

They stop paying me at the end of October. I'm nowhere near. Its going to be a few rough months. How about you? On schedule? I'll probably have to support myself for a few months while I write up. I'm just hoping to have my experiments all done by the end of October.

I would've been in the same boat as you but I got my funding extended to March (or so I hope, that's what the boss said but you never can tell). A good thing to, as I need the time to really get a decent set of results, will probably be able to publish a couple of journal papers and get my lit. review done by christmas.

I don't envy you and am truly thankful for DTA funding, god knows what'll happen if my boss has fucked up :lol: