Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

This. If you can't hear them you hear the English commentairs trying to fit something 66 related in.

Can't remember the exact game,but me and all my mates were in the local pub during an England match and decided to run a sweepstake to see when any reference to 1966 woulod be made during the game.

There was abouit £25 at stake,with the guess to the nearest time winning the lot.

However,all bets became nul and void when fannyface Motson made a glowing reference some 10 minutes before kick off.

The £25 ended up in the bar charity tin,which tbh was the second best result that day,the best being an Englands defeat

30 minute long build-up on STV before the Greece-South Korea match.

15 of those minutes covered Rio's injury. 5 minutes on England's chances. Then a few minutes before kick-off to preview said Greece-South Korea game.

Then if that's not enough, we have to endure a 75 MINUTE build-up, ON THE SAME CHANNEL, before England-USA kicks-off.

Absolutely pathetic.

Was going to put a few quid on an England/USA draw but didn't want to blow my winnings from the South Korea/Argies double earlier on. A good day could've turned into a great one.

I wish I was at the P&B Fives <_<

I was sitting thinking about it yesterday, P&B fives or sitting in a beer garden and it's 36 degrees.

The fives didn't win.

It's a few years since I was last at them, I bet I'd hardly know any c'nt anymore.