Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Ramsey has just been on the end of a shocking challenge. Yes, it was a bad one but I FUCKING HATE it when players start looking teary eyed and absolutely distraught as if they've just watched the Ken Bigley video.

Stop it, stop it now.

Edited by Fudge

Ramsey has just been on the end of a shocking challenge. Yes, it was a bad one but I FUCKING HATE it when players start looking teary eyed and absolutely distraught as if they've just watched the Ken Bigley video.

Stop it, stop it now.

It may have been the sight of a guy's leg wobbling around in places it shouldn't that did it, you know.

It may have been the sight of a guy's leg wobbling around in places it shouldn't that did it, you know.

It's amazing how many of them got a right good look at the split second of impact to see the only thing which would make you genuinely shudder.

I've broken someone's leg and I've seen a few horror challenges which have given me the heebie jeebies, But i never felt the need to crouch down, wipe crocidile tears away with my jersey and act like I'd just been told my mum had died. They do it for the cameras to make themselves look compassionate. I guarentee it.

It's amazing how many of them got a right good look at the split second of impact to see the only thing which would make you genuinely shudder.

I've broken someone's leg and I've seen a few horror challenges which have given me the heebie jeebies, But i never felt the need to crouch down, wipe crocidile tears away with my jersey and act like I'd just been told my mum had died. They do it for the cameras to make themselves look compassionate. I guarentee it.

Some folk are just squeamish though! We were dissecting hearts a while back - and bear in mind, we're a class of would-be nurses - and one girl was really having to build up to it and felt quite sick. That's likely the smell as much as anything else though, they were reeking. Anyway, the point is some people's stomachs just aren't up to it. Judging by Sol Campbell's hand motion, and the fact that those reviewing the footage wouldn't show a replay, it was a nasty compound fracture (just guessing, I don't know for sure). There's also the point that Shawcross may have been thinking "I've potentially ruined someone's career here". I'd be a bit upset with myself too.

I can see why Shawcross was gutted. He'd injured a fellow player and just been sent off. Varmalen and Fabregas looked like he's just been told they'd got AIDS. You are going to be concerned and worried for your mate, but I think they go overboard with their reaction to make themselves look more human and compassionate.

Reaction on the match thread from those who rewound it suggests that it wasn't a particularly bad challenge (I've only seen it in real time)

EDIT - I'm away for sexy time so i'll tell you how wrong you are again tomorrow :D

Edited by Fudge

I can see why Shawcross was gutted. He'd injured a fellow player and just been sent off. Varmalen and Fabregas looked like he's just been told they'd got AIDS. You are going to be concerned and worried for your mate, but I think they go overboard with their reaction to make themselves look more human and compassionate.

Reaction on the match thread from those who rewound it suggests that it wasn't a particularly bad challenge (I've only seen it in real time)

EDIT - I'm away for sexy time so i'll tell you how wrong you are again tomorrow :D

Ah, I assumed it was Shawcross you were referring to. Other than him, it was only Campbell losing his rag and storming about that I paid much attention to, and I'm not convinced he's human anyway, let alone compassionate.

I only saw it in real time, and I said then that I didn't think it looked particularly hard, certainly not enough to break his leg, but then the fact that his foot was wobbling around and his leg was bending somewhere between the knee and ankle gave it away.

Edit: you can try, but it's my house, my food, my telly. Good luck! :D

Edited by Lyn-Marie