Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

That's not what it means. It means if you place your order before 12noon you will have it delivered to you by the next day.

I know, but I placed my order on Wednesday night. I probably should've mentioned that.

First Saturday night in the hoose for a while, and on ITV earlier, I watched the first ten minutes of probably the worst piece of television I've ever seen. And when you consider the shite that's on now, that's up against some stiff opposition.

It's called 'Take Me Out', it's hosted by Paddy McGuinness, and it looked like the worst example of moron tv ever.

To give you a flavour of the intelligence levels involved, chap comes on in a broad Irish accent, and says he's from Cork. To which one airhead remarked, 'Is he Irish?'. When the audience laughed, she continued on the defensive, 'Well, how 'm I supposed to know where Cork is?'.

It was at this point, I turned it off for fear of throwing a heav object at the tv screen.

Surely we can do better than this?

First Saturday night in the hoose for a while, and on ITV earlier, I watched the first ten minutes of probably the worst piece of television I've ever seen. And when you consider the shite that's on now, that's up against some stiff opposition.

It's called 'Take Me Out', it's hosted by Paddy McGuinness, and it looked like the worst example of moron tv ever.

To give you a flavour of the intelligence levels involved, chap comes on in a broad Irish accent, and says he's from Cork. To which one airhead remarked, 'Is he Irish?'. When the audience laughed, she continued on the defensive, 'Well, how 'm I supposed to know where Cork is?'.

It was at this point, I turned it off for fear of throwing a heav object at the tv screen.

Surely we can do better than this?

Consider yourself lucky that you get out more often.

My nag: We Sky+'d Slumdog Millionaire a few weeks back and we are watching it just now. It's a bit shit really.

Consider yourself lucky that you get out more often.

My nag: We Sky+'d Slumdog Millionaire a few weeks back and we are watching it just now. It's a bit shit really.

i thought it was over-hyped the first time i saw it. give it a second watch. somehow it's much better.

You never see him round the offices of the Times, though, do you? He's only ever hanging about the Bugle, trying to get JJ Jameson to run his shite photos.

see I agree with you, but clearly he's onto a good thing with the bugle so maybe if jamson just stopped taking his pish he'd find a decent job.

and also spiderman has only an influence over a small locus so maybe spiderman pictures would not sell as well to the times, whereas jj seems obsessed.

see I agree with you, but clearly he's onto a good thing with the bugle so maybe if jamson just stopped taking his pish he'd find a decent job.

and also spiderman has only an influence over a small locus so maybe spiderman pictures would not sell as well to the times, whereas jj seems obsessed.

Frankly, I'm surprised the Bugle is still going. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some criminal activity going on at some point. Peter Parker's sole income is selling photos to that paper, photos that we know are sub-standard. It's not like Spiderman batters Dr Octopus and then picks his pocket to pay the mortgage.

I just find it difficult to believe, that's all.

Dunc, you're way off the mark here. Parker always gets great pictures of Spiderman, that's the only reason Jameson keeps him anywhere near the paper.

And he doesn't cheat, like that scoundrel Eddie Brock.

Well, apart from not telling folk he's Spiderman, like.

Edited by StewartyMac

I thought it was a tremendous film.

Don't get me wrong, from what I've watched so far it seems OK, but given all the awards it got I was expecting more I guess.

i thought it was over-hyped the first time i saw it. give it a second watch. somehow it's much better.

That's my thinking as well.

Actually, Peter Parker should tell Jameson to stick his paper up his arse.

He should be getting himself a video camera (Welcome to the 21st century, Spidergentleman) and just sticking all his bouts on Youtube. I hear they're paying people who upload popular videos now, giving them a slice of the ad revenue. POV videos of some bloke in spandex firing his web onto some mutant bad b*****d would be more popular than that German lad who hates his computer!

There would only be some villain who would hold YouTube to ransom and choose Spidey to choose between saving that and his ginge girlfriend.

It's a cruel world.

Is that big baldy b*****d still the bad bloke? Kingpin?

He wouldn't be that difficult to assassinate. Just hang around outside the only place in town that sells FUCKING MASSIVE white suits and then bop him when he turns up for his latest one after tearing the arse out of his 590th.

In the Sega MegaDrive game, he appears on all the telly channels and tells New York that he's the Kingpin, and that he has their best interests at heart, and tells them that Spiderman is a bad b*****d. Now, for some reason, the entire city of New York, including it's police force, take this blokes word for it, despite him hijacking the telly, and, more importantly, despite the fact that his name is "Kingpin". You get the feeling he could've called himself Tam The Lying Criminal and they'd still believe him. Fucking New Yorkers.