Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I know. I just know the full house is going to be in a guddle for the next wee while.

I have enlisted help, so at least I won't be doing it all myself smile.gif

I always enlist the help of a tradesman for these kinds of things - DIY does not suit me...

I've been registered with a recruitment agency to get some temporary work over the holidays before I get back to Uni. I registered with the Stirling one (which covers Falkirk, Stirling and Clackmannan) but their Livingston branch was short so I've been doing work for them (West Lothian, Edinburgh and Fife).

What's the story with this sort of thing, Gaz? I really am clueless so I'm probably going to sound pretty stupid here.

Does it cost you anything to register with them? And how regular is the work? I take it depends on your previous experience and stuff, and if you register with f**k all they won't give you much work? Or not?

I always enlist the help of a tradesman for these kinds of things - DIY does not suit me...

You sound like my other half. He would like a tradesman to do it, but not pay for it!

I don't mind DIY, but I've got to psyche myself up for it. Once I'm started I actually enjoy it!

"Thank you for taking part in the recent telephone interview for the above role. Unfortunately, on this occasion, you were unsuccessful. Although you don’t have the exact skills we are looking for in this particular position, we feel you have many of the qualities we look for in our people. We really enjoyed speaking to you and learning more about your experience, strengths and skills. We were impressed with what we heard and really don’t want to lose your talents. As a result, we would like to invite you to join our Talent Network."

Arse.

"Thank you for taking part in the recent telephone interview for the above role. Unfortunately, on this occasion, you were unsuccessful. Although you don’t have the exact skills we are looking for in this particular position, we feel you have many of the qualities we look for in our people. We really enjoyed speaking to you and learning more about your experience, strengths and skills. We were impressed with what we heard and really don’t want to lose your talents. As a result, we would like to invite you to join our Talent Network."

Arse.

What was the job, CS?

What was the job, CS?

Claims Adviser for Aviva. I was surprised I even got interviewed, to be honest. Where I fell down was that all of the questions centred on your previous experience of sales and the like, and I've never had a job so I just had to pull things out of my arse and so I fell down. Ach well. :(

"Thank you for taking part in the recent telephone interview for the above role. Unfortunately, on this occasion, you were unsuccessful. Although you don't have the exact skills we are looking for in this particular position, we feel you have many of the qualities we look for in our people. We really enjoyed speaking to you and learning more about your experience, strengths and skills. We were impressed with what we heard and really don't want to lose your talents. As a result, we would like to invite you to join our Talent Network."

Arse.

how nice for them<_<

database.

"we really enjoyed" is a new one on me but I've had many a "exact skills" style knock backs before I started what I'm up to now.

Claims Adviser for Aviva. I was surprised I even got interviewed, to be honest. Where I fell down was that all of the questions centred on your previous experience of sales and the like, and I've never had a job so I just had to pull things out of my arse and so I fell down. Ach well. :(

Better luck next time.

Ever thought about going back into education?