Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest The Phoenix

At least it doesn't bother you though.

Nothing bothers me.

Life's too short.

Edit: Spot on Monster.

I just made a wee funny about Kilt's massage, that's all. It's not my fault that people found it amusing. :P

I'd give you one but I reserve my daily ration for the weak and needy.

Every little helps.

Edited by The Phoenix

In the space of a year my friend has turned into an unsociable git. Usually she would be first in the pub and last out. Now she hardly comes out and when she does she always leaves about 10 p.m. Tonight we were meant to be going to an 18th birthday party, but now she is "working" (she isn't working). Now I have no-one to go this party with. I don't get on with a single person who is going, hell, I don't even get on with the girl who's birthday it is. Arghhhh.

In the space of a year my friend has turned into an unsociable git. Usually she would be first in the pub and last out. Now she hardly comes out and when she does she always leaves about 10 p.m. Tonight we were meant to be going to an 18th birthday party, but now she is "working" (she isn't working). Now I have no-one to go this party with. I don't get on with a single person who is going, hell, I don't even get on with the girl who's birthday it is. Arghhhh.

this doesn't sound unsociable at all, just a sensible healthy life style change -less alcohol, earlier nights. -how do you know they ain't working?

and if they are developing a social phobia don't you think as their friend you should help? rather than post about I I I ?

this doesn't sound unsociable at all, just a sensible healthy life style change -less alcohol, earlier nights. -how do you know they ain't working?

and if they are developing a social phobia don't you think as their friend you should help? rather than post about I I I ?

I go to the pub every Saturday and I don't drink any alcohol what-so-ever so she doesn't have to either. One late night a week is hardly going to affect her lifestyle. She constantly updates her status on facebook saying "Can't wait for weekend, pub time" then never comes out. I know she isn't working because she is working during the day, not at night.

She obviously doesn't have a social phobia or she wouldn't go out to the pub! I've asked her whats wrong and she always says nothing.

I go to the pub every Saturday and I don't drink any alcohol what-so-ever so she doesn't have to either. One late night a week is hardly going to affect her lifestyle. She constantly updates her status on facebook saying "Can't wait for weekend, pub time" then never comes out. I know she isn't working because she is working during the day, not at night.

She obviously doesn't have a social phobia or she wouldn't go out to the pub! I've asked her whats wrong and she always says nothing.

ah. that is a little odd.

maybe tastes have changed and simply going to pub has become passée or boring -I know it generally is for me unless its a quiz or something. but simply to go out and sit around? is a little boring.

could feel peer pressured into at least showing face but leaves as soon as possible, a way round it might be entering a pub quiz -then she can't leave till end of quiz -usually last orders?

I'm far too tired to function so tonight's plans have had to be cancelled. On the plus side Everton are 2-0 up but I'll be lucky to see FT.

I caught the goals in that game but wasn't really paying attention as I was reading my paper and doing the crossword. There were a group of four guys to my right having a pint and a blether, which didn't really bother me, and another two guys to the right of them watching one of the big screens. Up pipes on of them asking two of the group of four to move back a bit because they were watching the football and couldn't see the screen clearly!

Long story short - they got told, "it's a public bar, if you want to watch the telly do it at home". They still were whining on after the four guys had left and started making a fuss to the bar staff as well. What a pair of utter fannies! Quite put me in a bad frame of mind!

The Wigan Penalty at Wolves...

The commentator says' talk about soft penalties'. Anyone who's seen it, tell me what's soft about it please?

James McCarthy is going for the ball with Richard Stearman, and the latter (the Wolves defender) pulls his shirt, hauling McCarthy to the ground, thus preventing him from getting to the ball. Stonewall penalty imo.

I know some for shirt-pulls can be soft awards, but I fail to see how this one can be debated, or described as soft.

Answers, not on a postcard, but posted in reply to this post please.

The commentator says' talk about soft penalties'. Anyone who's seen it, tell me what's soft about it please?

James McCarthy is going for the ball with Richard Stearman, and the latter (the Wolves defender) pulls his shirt, hauling McCarthy to the ground, thus preventing him from getting to the ball. Stonewall penalty imo.

I know some for shirt-pulls can be soft awards, but I fail to see how this one can be debated, or described as soft.

That's because some commentators don't know what they're talking about. Only some, mind. ;)

It was a clear penalty and I'm staggered that anyone could say it was soft.

Yeah, I thought that at the time too. I think it's one of these times where someone genuinely misunderstands a common phrase. I think he believes that a "soft penalty" is when a defender gives one away without any need, rather than a penalty which is given for only-just-a-foul.

I often worry that I think common phrases/words mean something, and actually they mean something else and I'm just an idiot.

No we're fucking not! mad.gif

He never said it was you two - don't keep making everything "Me, me, me" all the time.

Never mind my minus whatever rep - she's going to kill me for that!rolleyes.giflaugh.gif

Edited by Kilt

...and another two guys to the right of them watching one of the big screens. Up pipes on of them asking two of the group of four to move back a bit because they were watching the football and couldn't see the screen clearly!

Long story short - they got told, "it's a public bar, if you want to watch the telly do it at home".

Just as well I wasn't there...it would have gotten messy.

You should have come to Hampden with me - we could have been miserable together!rolleyes.gif

Just as well I wasn't there...it would have gotten messy.

Aye, I can imagine.laugh.gif

Did you give my other post above a minus point just then? I only ask because it's only be up a minute and there's was only you me and rw89 on at the moment. Hmmmmmm!

Edited by Kilt