well fan for life

Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

That is shitty. :angry:

Good luck with future applications Bowie. ;)

Yeah surely it's only common fucking courtesy to let all the applicants know whats happening :angry:

Anyhoo

Cheers 27/11 ;)

Yeah surely it's only common fucking courtesy to let all the applicants know whats happening :angry:

Anyhoo

Cheers 27/11 ;)

You'd think so, eh?

I've had 5 replies this year for over 40 job applications. :(

You'd think so, eh?

It's a shocking state of affairs and would you really want to work for a company that can't even be polite though, if you had the choice ;)

Anyhoo, i over it now and won't mention it again :lol:

Guest XaaronPrimus
You'd think so, eh?

Aye, but how many of them did you have interviews for? It has tended to be only the ones I've had interviews for I've heard back from. Clearly most companies feel if you are not good enough for an interview you aren't worth wasting paper and postage on it seems:(

Not hearing back from people still sucks, but having to chase them after you've had an interview is really bad.

Care to name and shame Bowie?

You'd think so, eh?

I know that feeling well.

Though I did once get a letter thanking me for coming in for interview and letting me down gently.

Which would have been fine had I had an interview :lol:

I've only ever had one interview in my life and when I didn't get the job the person interviewing me called me up and spent 15 minutes on the phone telling me how I could improve my interview technique. I then met him at a social function a few months later and was told by them that there could be a vacancy coming up in a few months and he would like me to apply for it - all in all I have had a good experience of interviews.

Care to name and shame Bowie?

The interview was set up by a recruitment firm (can't remember the name)

but the company was Eurotel

The guy from the recruitment company had to phone to find out what had happened after i phone pestered him for a week

The interview was set up by a recruitment firm (can't remember the name)

but the company was Eurotel

The guy from the recruitment company had to phone to find out what had happened after i phone pestered him for a week

<_<

EuGoTell Eurotell tae get tae hell!

Thought I would try and introduce a few new moves into the bedroom last night.

Girlfriend's response wasnt quite was I was hopimg for.....

"You've been watching bloody p0rn again, havent you?!" :ph34r:

:lol:

Thought I would try and introduce a few new moves into the bedroom last night.

Girlfriend's response wasnt quite was I was hopimg for.....

"You've been watching bloody p0rn again, havent you?!" :ph34r:

:lol:

That's more tea on my desk now

:lol::lol:

Guest XaaronPrimus
That's more tea on my desk now

You'd thought you'd have learnt by now...

Drinking while reading P&B is not good.

You'd thought you'd have learnt by now...

Drinking while reading P&B is not good.

I was mid gulp then :ph34r: i now have a scolded throat :( at least the desk didn't get it ;)

Guest XaaronPrimus
I was mid gulp then :ph34r: i now have a scolded throat :( at least the desk didn't get it ;)

Good Gods, maybe you should just drink through a straw, or one of those toddler safety cups...

Good Gods, maybe you should just drink through a straw, or one of those toddler safety cups...

Where's the fun in that?

You'd think so, eh?

Sorry

I'll get the Shitty Nappy Collector rejection letter typed up when I am back in the office

Amazon allowing people to review things that aren't released, or that they haven't got!

I was browsing for a set of Wireless Speakers earlier, and found a chap had given a 5-star review to a set he doesn't own - "These speakers look fantastic, and by the sounds of the reviews, they sound fantastic too. My problem is that im not sure if they will just plug into my iPod and play my music? Do they need to be plugged into a pc to work or can i just plug the jack straight into my iPod. Some help would be greatly appreciated."! How the hell does he know to give them 5 stars?

I looked around and typed in GTA4, and found these:

1-star - "What a hopeless hopeless game. Since it won't be released until October and it is March 30th now, as it stands there is no gameplay whatsoever, and the graphics are as good as what I can remember from the trailer mixed up with my imagination. It's total lack of fun is reflected in its sales where there may be an increasing number of pre-orders but no sales whatsoever. This must be Rockstar's most disappointing '6 months before the game is released' sales figures ever.

As for the plot, it seems to be set in New York, and there's a shifty looking Russian guy who has a brown car, and a building called Get a Life. That's it.

It would be a real waste of money had it cost anything but it is so far in the future that it doesn't even have a price yet.".

5-star - "The game is looking great, Rockstar always use in game graphics in their trailers and it looks like theres no exeption here (but maybe a little rendering on the close ups, I dont know).

The graphics look really good, and they've got new realistic lighting effects that certain big budget action games boast about when they are only focussing on one subject, but GTA is free roam and lots of different things happen so it will be a good feature if it works.

New York sounds and looks like an amazing place to set the game, I can't wait to drive around and explore

Instead of an American, it looks like the main character will be Russian (or East European) and has a sense of mystery about him.

I am so excited about this game, and I can't get enough of that trailer - bring more of them out!".

How the hell do they know what the game's going to be like?!

Sorry

I'll get the Shitty Nappy Collector rejection letter typed up when I am back in the office

You can deliver it by hand as you buy me that promised pint. Well, if Quinny can...... :lol:;)