Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Don't do it DB62, its not worth the hassle. We believe in you!

Cheers. :)

I love you xbl. :wub:

Uh oh. Box office babies? :lol:

A tenner says you click on it within the hour? Care to take me up on it? ;)

Bugger off you! :(

Hogmanay. Continued from the RTBC thread.

Oh dear. It turns out that my parents had been thinking I was to get a taxi from Perth back home at around 3:15, but since I was actually at a party I'd completely forgotten to actually TELL them that I wasn't. I'd made several attempts to contact them and tell them such, but each time something happened. The text didn't send, there was no signal, I got a call in th emiddle of texting, then my phone died. Ordinarily my parents would assumed I'd stayed at my brother, but since his and my phones were off, and he never answers his landline, they were getting pretty darned worried.

Now, I didn't get out of bed until 6PM (sleeping 12 hours), and my brother (whose phone I was planning on using to text home) didn't get out of bed until 9PM. Turns out that at 5PM, my parents had called the fucking police and I'd been reported as missing. They came to our house, and searched my roon and my sister's room, and were telling officers to look for a boy matching my description. I was still in bed at thios point, assuming they knew. 9 times out of 10, my brother texts them to let them know I'm with him. Due to various mishaps the night before, that hadn't happened. So while I'm asleep, the old bill are combing through my stuff looking for clues as to why I may have gone missing or DNA evidence to identify my fucking corpse if worst came to worst. When my brother did eventually text home, at 9PM, my dad called me and simply said "you have no idea how much bother you've caused". Which, of course, didn't. I decided hiding out at my brother's for a second evening was a better option, hence why I only got home at 4PM this afternoon.

Also, since I'd been out in the cold for so long, I'd developed a chill in my hands (which thankfully had disappeared by this morning). I had pins and needles in my hands all day yesterday and my hands were cold to the touch, and I had lost a lot of the feeling in them which only seemed to return when I warmed them up.

On a more bizarre, lighter note, when I went to sleep on Friday I had two socks on each feet. When I got home today, I had three socks on one foot, one sock on the other.

Oh dear. It turns out that my parents had been thinking I was to get a taxi from Perth back home at around 3:15, but since I was actually at a party I'd completely forgotten to actually TELL them that I wasn't. I'd made several attempts to contact them and tell them such, but each time something happened. The text didn't send, there was no signal, I got a call in th emiddle of texting, then my phone died. Ordinarily my parents would assumed I'd stayed at my brother, but since his and my phones were off, and he never answers his landline, they were getting pretty darned worried.

Now, I didn't get out of bed until 6PM (sleeping 12 hours), and my brother (whose phone I was planning on using to text home) didn't get out of bed until 9PM. Turns out that at 5PM, my parents had called the fucking police and I'd been reported as missing. They came to our house, and searched my roon and my sister's room, and were telling officers to look for a boy matching my description. I was still in bed at thios point, assuming they knew. 9 times out of 10, my brother texts them to let them know I'm with him. Due to various mishaps the night before, that hadn't happened. So while I'm asleep, the old bill are combing through my stuff looking for clues as to why I may have gone missing or DNA evidence to identify my fucking corpse if worst came to worst. When my brother did eventually text home, at 9PM, my dad called me and simply said "you have no idea how much bother you've caused". Which, of course, didn't. I decided hiding out at my brother's for a second evening was a better option, hence why I only got home at 4PM this afternoon.

Also, since I'd been out in the cold for so long, I'd developed a chill in my hands (which thankfully had disappeared by this morning). I had pins and needles in my hands all day yesterday and my hands were cold to the touch, and I had lost a lot of the feeling in them which only seemed to return when I warmed them up.

On a more bizarre, lighter note, when I went to sleep on Friday I had two socks on each feet. When I got home today, I had three socks on one foot, one sock on the other.

Fucking hell mate.

Bit OTT that is it not?

From the age of 16 onwards I would regularly go missing for days at a time.

Fucking hell mate.
Bit OTT that is it not?

From the age of 16 onwards I would regularly go missing for days at a time.

The thing is, they'd been expecting me to get the taxi home and I'd said as much in a text, but I'd also said that I'd probably just be crashing somewhere as the taxi back home would be £40. They had actually called the police to see if I was in the cells, because they'd called the hospital to see if I was there. The police then said "do you think he'd have called you"? And they said "yes", so they (the police) put me down as a missing person and ran the normal routine.

The thing is, they'd been expecting me to get the taxi home and I'd said as much in a text, but I'd also said that I'd probably just be crashing somewhere as the taxi back home would be £40. They had actually called the police to see if I was in the cells, because they'd called the hospital to see if I was there. The police then said "do you think he'd have called you"? And they said "yes", so they (the police) put me down as a missing person and ran the normal routine.

So how much shit did you get into?

So how much shit did you get into?

Astonishingly, very little. I think the choice to stay at my brother's an extra night was my saving grace, and he helped cool it down before my dad picked me up. The real test will be whether or not they let me out for anotehr of my friend's 18th birthdays on Friday... somehow I doubt it! Even when I got home, my mum, who had apparently been climbing the walls before my brother texted, was just quiet and was relieved I was alright.

The moral of this story - make sure your phone battery has more than 10 hours in it.

Edited by Cynical Saintee

Oh dear, your name is mud then I take it?

Astonishingly, very little. I think the choice to stay at my brother's an extra night was my saving grace, and he helped cool it down before my dad picked me up. The real test will be whether or not they let me out for anotehr of my friend's 18th birthdays on Friday... somehow I doubt it! Even when I got home, my mum, who had apparently been climbing the walls before my brother texted, was just quiet and was relieved I was alright.

The moral of this story - make sure your phone battery has more than 10 hours in it.

Hmm, seem like you got off not bad then.

Oh dear, your name is mud then I take it?

I got a text at around 5 or 6 this evening;

"This is Tayside Police. We have been advised by your father that you are not home as planned. Please call 0300 111 2222"

Upon showing it to him, though, he just said "oh, aye, don't worry about that, it's all sorted now". Rather worried that it'll become a situation of "the boy who cried wolf", though. :(

Hmm, seem like you got off not bad then.

It seems so, but my guess is that secretly they're far more worried about it than they're letting on.

Edited by Cynical Saintee