Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

He can't be much of a fan if he isn't on the database. I did mention this in the Hibs/Rangers thread.

You only have yourselves to blame really. I didn't bother going in the end too cauld and fancied a lie in!

I am 'the pal'.

When I phoned the Hibees ticket office on Wednesday, I was told I couldn't purchase tickets over the phone because I wasn't on the database (remember I've only started watching Hibs since the start of the season). But the woman said that if I turned up before the game today I'd be able to buy them through 'general sale'. 'Pay at the gate', if you will. However, when I went to get tickets for us, she said I couldn't because my name wasn't on a database.

Disgrace.

Now I'm watching the game and see the empty seats and it makes you wonder what a flawed policy it is. I understand the situation with segregation etc but it's a thing that has to be sorted, imo.

:(

Especially when you've been on the lash the previous night, being carted home, and having to get up at half 7 to head to the stadium to 'guaranteed' tickets.

Rant over. 8)

Edited by The Blair-Skint Student

I think you have to buy tickets for a home game outwith the Old Firm and Hearts games to get on the database. I would quite like to get on it to go to an Edinburgh Derby in the future and stuff like that but it's hard to get to a Hibs game against a diddy team when my own diddy team are playing every week.

I think you have to buy tickets for a home game outwith the Old Firm and Hearts games to get on the database. I would quite like to get on it to go to an Edinburgh Derby in the future and stuff like that but it's hard to get to a Hibs game against a diddy team when my own diddy team are playing every week.

I think I've maybe been a bit naive. Every time I've been to Easter Road in the past, we've got tickets by other means. Maybe should've looked in to it more.

But being guaranteed general sale by the wife on the phone, it was a bit of a kick in the Reese Witherspoons to be duly turned away.

I think I've maybe been a bit naive. Every time I've been to Easter Road in the past, we've got tickets by other means. Maybe should've looked in to it more.

But being guaranteed general sale by the wife on the phone, it was a bit of a kick in the Reese Witherspoons to be duly turned away.

Tell me about it. I was up at fucking 9!!! :angry:

Jut found out, that instead of going to the Warriors v Edinburgh game, I've to go to my Grans instead. I understand, I like seeing family, and I guess I have to during the festive's, but she was up here on Christmas day.

I'm not all that into rugby, but I get to go to a free game due to my season ticket, and this was the "big game" that you were advised to go to. I've also found out a few of my mates are going too. I understand it's on TV as well, but I'd rather be there. "Biggest inner-city derby in rugby", apparently.

Well, Christmas is commercial, we all know that. But surely by preferring money for his essentials, rather than consumer goods (in this case MP3s), Dunc isn't being greedy?
Kilt, I think you took Dunc's comments a bit personally. You were used as the example, yes, but Dunc's point was about vouchers in general, not you specifically.

My excuse:

Fucking hell, I'm a right old grump this morning* - I'll get a cup of tea and paste a smile on my face before I come back! :rolleyes:

Both points well made, particularly Swampmeister. I wasn't saying Dunc was being 'greedy', it seemed to come across as a tad ungrateful that he didn't get his gift in his preferred format.

That said, my jovial tolerance of all this enforced jollity is beginning to wear thin and my cynical pomposity guage is close to critical. Not least because I have just come across Home Alone 4.....

"4" - dear gods, it's so cringeworthy I can hardly tear myself away from its awfulness.....

I'll be happier when Postie brings the presents to myself I ordered! :);)

I didn't quite develop my point about the vouchers fully last night.

This Christmas "etiquette" (not the right word, can't think, might edit later) that says you have to give vouchers instead of cash isn't really benefiting anyone.

If you want to give someone something to the value of (say) £25, and you can't think of an actual present (which is completely understandable) then the next step seems to be going into HMV and turning your hard-earned cash into vouchers.

Now, this is the bit that I don't agree with. You're essentially forcing the person that you're giving the vouchers to, to spend that money in HMV. What if they don't want to? What if HMV doesn't have the DVD that they really want, or what if (like me) they don't buy CDs/DVDs, instead choosing to borrow from the internet, and save their money for stuff like pies and lager.

The habit of giving vouchers instead of money is a massive victory for the retail sector. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been given JJB vouchers that have sat in a drawer all year and never been spent. Net result = JJB gain £20 for absolutely nothing, my Auntie loses £20, and I've neither gained or lost anything.

Now, I could just tell my Auntie to stop giving me vouchers and start giving me money, but I'm a thinker, not a doer :ph34r:

I didn't quite develop my point about the vouchers fully last night.

Now, this is the bit that I don't agree with. You're essentially forcing the person that you're giving the vouchers to, to spend that money in HMV. What if they don't want to?

That's because you admitted you were slightly pished last night, which doesn't make for posting the most cogent of arguments.

And I do understand the points you have now clarified. I would only add that, in my case, both my kids can find plenty of stuff to spend the vouchers on in HMV and Waterstones. And in your Aunties case, or any other close relative or friend who wants to buy you a present, a voucher is often the best option for them as you can at least get something YOU would like and it is more personal than just sticking a few notes in an envelope as it shows she has at least gone out and spent some time and thought on you.

Or would you prefer that she'd knitted you a Christmas jumper?...

post-1053-1261928262_thumb.jpg

:D;)

Edited by Kilt