Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Trust me, you'll change.

My favourite expression is "It's only money".

We spend way too much on Christmas and Birthdays but, hey you're only on this planet once.

Fair point my wise chum. I'm just terrified that they grow up disrespecting the good stuff that they get.

The best side of myself stems from being brought up quite poor. I strive for good things and appreciate them but have something to think back to when I cannot afford something I really desire.

Does that make sense?!

My daughter only got £500 as it was her 21st and she is saving up for a new car.

Totally understandable Keith. At the risk of contradicting my reply to The Phoenix, I hope to be in a situation financially where I can bribe my kids through school/Uni with the promise of a car in return for top grades.

Guest The Phoenix
Fair point my wise chum. I'm just terrified that they grow up disrespecting the good stuff that they get.

The best side of myself stems from being brought up quite poor. I strive for good things and appreciate them but have something to think back to when I cannot afford something I really desire.

Does that make sense?!

Totally understandable Keith. At the risk of contradicting my reply to The Phoenix, I hope to be in a situation financially where I can bribe my kids through school/Uni with the promise of a car in return for top grades.

Not a contradiction at all, Andy.

Been there twice with the cars. :(

They're fantastic kids though and not in the least bit spoiled.

Indeed, now they both have money coming in, my wife and I feel like Smurph did, when they get us presents.

Guest The Phoenix
Cuts deep, old man :bairn

I'm sure in real life you and TwisteH are decent enough lads but the thought of having either of you as off-spring based on your online personnas is scary.

Still, to be fair, I don't suppose anyone would want me as their faither based on the pish I post on here.

Edited by The Phoenix

I'm sure in real life you and TwisteH are decent enough lads but the thought of having either of you as off-spring based on your online personnas is scary.

Still, to be fair, I don't suppose anyone would want me as their faither based on the pish I post on here.

I wouldn't mind you as the "mad uncle" type tbh, I think we'd get on well due to our love of puns. :D

Am I really that bad? :(

Guest The Phoenix
I wouldn't mind you as the "mad uncle" type tbh, I think we'd get on well due to our love of puns. :D

:lol:

My niece actually calls me that.

Exuberant - I think we all have our moments. ;)

Yes. You're a posh arse and I'd quite happily snap your model railway set and smash it over your smug face.

You can't snap it if it's not down in the first place. We've not got down to relaying the OO layout, and the N one was recently brought back up to put down some underlay! :P

FWIW I don't think you'd find me particularly posh if you met me, you Celtic supporting Rangers fan from Stirling.

Exuberant - I think we all have our moments. ;)

Some more than others, it seems...

Apologies for getting involved, but can twisteH not fight his own battles?

Internet. Serious stuff.

I can, but that doesn't stop FF being an absolute c**t of the highest order. :rolleyes:

Francesc Fabregas. What a p***k.
Apologies for getting involved, but can twisteH not fight his own battles?

Internet. Serious stuff.

:lol:
I can, but that doesn't stop FF being an absolute c**t of the highest order. :rolleyes:
Don't storm into threads and personally attack someone for no reason then, you p***k. :rolleyes:

The_Internet_is_Serious_Business.jpg

Judging from the above, it's just as well my supper was ready when it was! :lol: And it was delicious as well Mr Phoenix - there were caraway seeds and celery salt involved, as well as some honey roast parsnips, carrots and butternut squash with thyme to go with my cabbage and butterbeans! :P

Anyhoo.....

I gave my daughter £500 for her birthday,She took it no problem :(

My son and daughter got £50 HMV vouchers and £25 Waterstone's vouchers each, as well as a shared main present and three other presents each I gave them before they left.

They're your kids, you're their Dad, you do what you have to for them...

My daughter has taken the shirt of my back for the last 20 + years. :(

...it's a Dad's job, isn't it? Just wait until some of these naive youngsters get it together and pop a sprog or two out and see how the tune changes! :rolleyes:

You have no idea how accurate you are or how lucky you'd be if it happened! ;)

I should pull you up on that "bawbag" remark, but I'm scared to in case Blair Skint-Student and Kilt storm in and try to fist me.

Don't worry - you're safe. I do have standards and you're so far up yourself anyway, there wouldn't be any room for me! :P