well fan for life

Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest bairnbabe
A guy at my work got a redundancy letter today :( and he's been here longer than me :(

It doesn't look good :(

Was the guy not told before the letter appeared that he would be made redundant?

Not a pleasant experience, its happened to me before, minus the letter. Just got told one night that they were having to make me redundant (kind of new it was coming). Then asked if I would work another week - no chance.

Keep your chin up Bowie.

:o Christ Bowie, that's dreadful news. How long before you know for certain? Must be dreadful just waiting with that being held over your head. :(

Best of luck mate! ;)

A guy at my work got a redundancy letter today :( and he's been here longer than me :(

It doesn't look good :(

It could be worse mate, you could have hair. :D

Seriously Comrade Bowie, I hope everything works out and you don't need to call on my professional services.

tried waxing myself - holy shit not a good idea :(

I'm sorry. i refuse to be cruel enough to comment on this, but I feel the blatant poovery on display must be highlighted.

Was the guy not told before the letter appeared that he would be made redundant?

Not a pleasant experience, its happened to me before, minus the letter. Just got told one night that they were having to make me redundant (kind of new it was coming). Then asked if I would work another week - no chance.

Keep your chin up Bowie.

Yeah i think he got told but no-one else did so it was a shock :o

The problem is that they can't let anymore go, after this it's close the doors time :( not an easy prospect with the house, the weans, the mother-in-law and a new baby on the way :blink:

The Pheonix and Kilt cheers lads ;)

On the plus side though i had an interview last week that i'm waiting to here back from so fingers crossed.

My immediate boss has told me not to go although he knows he can't stop me and he can't guarantee work after July (when the baby's due)

tried waxing myself - holy shit not a good idea :(

:lol: What a big Jessie - I do it regularly and it's a piece of piss.

:lol: What a big Jessie - I do it regularly and it's a piece of piss.

Can't help but think that line is playing into the hands of the less savoury P&B Posters. :unsure:

Time will tell. ;)

Ach, I don't care :lol: If they get their kicks from thinking about me waxing myself, then it says a lot more about them than about me.

Our air conditioning is STILL knackered. :angry: Even with three fans on, we're roasting and I've got a sore patch on the side of my nose from pushing my glasses back up so often! :(

Supermarkets - Loads of queues, loads of unmanned tills and some arsehole supervisor who's stood making an announcement for various people to come down and man the tills while they demean themselves by actually having to do some work :angry: Even worse is when the store manager grabs a member of staff to go look for the supervisor to get them to make an announcement. :angry:

Call Centres - Honestly what is wrong with apologising for your companies f**k up and actually doing something to fix the mistake. If I ever hear the phrase, "All I can do is apologise" again I'm going to fucking scream at the b*****d that said it. If all you can do is fucking apologise then get me someone with a bit more fucking intellegence :angry:

Postmen - Why can't they deliver letters to the right fucking door. I got a letter the other day for a house almost half a mile away. I got the postman today and tried to give him back the letter - he wasn't having it for some reason - and he actually excused himself saying that since my house was number 12 and the letter was for number 12 some other fucking street he hadn't really fucked up. :angry:

Office Toilets. :(

I went to carry out my private business but one of the two cubicles on my floor was occupied.

I have an aversion to dumping whilst the adjoining stall is occupied.

I went downstairs but no sooner had I sat down when someone else came in and sat down in the adjacent stall.

That was bad enough but to top it all they commenced their performance by letting rip with an earth shattering fart, followed by a contented aaaahhhhh. :ph34r::o

Sorry but that is unacceptable.

I've got my own personal toilet at work cause I am so important ^_^ , however there is no heating in the toilet which makes going for a quick dump fairly unpleasant.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I've got my own personal toilet at work cause I am so important

Are you sure that you don't produce such pungent deposits that your workmates clubbed together and lobbied management for you to get your own dunny? ;)

Supermarkets - Morrisons in paisley ( newish one )

3 lads in the shop 2 of us with a case of beer.

Asks the 3 of us for ID ? fair enough.

Asks date of birth ( this isnt the lad on the till , some cowfaced superviser )

Gets out a calculator to work out when 1988 was.

Says my hair is different from the photo :lol:

Argues with me saying if Im 18 I would have been born in '89.

Asked what I was planning on doing with the cans ( eating them for diner my reply )

she then asked another member of staff who came over n said 88 the boys are nearly 19 weesth hen :lol:

Total cow , she deserves slapped with a tuna tbh

Are you sure that you don't produce such pungent deposits that your workmates clubbed together and lobbied management for you to get your own dunny? ;)

I reckon it's for all the shit he talks myself ;)

Women drivers.

More specifically:-

1) Women drivers who do not know that a No Left Turn sign, means you are not allowed to turn left. This just causes people to get pissed off with you as you hold them up for ages. :angry: (especially when you look confused as to why they are honking their horns at you)

2) Women drivers who do their make-up sitting at a light, and cause you to miss the green light. :angry: