Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Get on the Stella.

I'd think of another witty pun, but as I have absolute no interest in this awful play, I can't think of one. :lol:

I hope you aren't insinuating that I should cheat. :whistle:

edit: There are over 13,000 words in those notes. Mine is going to be a maximum of 1000. :lol:

Edited by Guest

OMG - you were the 'taker'?! :o:ph34r:

The cooking, I love. It's the washing up after... <_<

We had a kitchen porter,but it was still hard going. I haven't done a long shift in a professional kitchen for a couple of years,i forgot how hard it can be.I am getting old. :( .

They haven't really offered me much of late to take

Good! ;)

I hope you aren't insinuating that I should cheat. :whistle :

edit: There are over 13,000 words in those notes. Mine is going to be a maximum of 1000. :lol:

Fuxake, are you asking me to paraphrase, edit and dissemble the crib notes for you and write the thing myself? <_< Surely it won't take much to source the main themes relevant to the question you've been set and re-write it in your own style? Lazy feckin' students... :rolleyes:

Never had the internet in my day to help with exams, weren't even allowed a calculator in a maths exam, best we could do was write the answers on our shirt sleeves and hope not to get caught...grumble, mutter...

We had a kitchen porter,but it was still hard going. I haven't done a long shift in a professional kitchen for a couple of years,i forgot how hard it can be.I am getting old. :( .

I sympathise. Did you have your own personal Batterie de Cuisine and station and a Sous-chef to prep or was it, as I suspect, more like "Capy, here's the kitchen, do us a favour pal" and everyone else buggering off for a drink? :huh:

I sympathise. Did you have your own personal Batterie de Cuisine and station and a Sous-chef to prep or was it, as I suspect, more like "Capy, here's the kitchen, do us a favour pal" and everyone else buggering off for a drink? :huh:

No it was at the Golf club he works at in Edinburgh.But the members are fussy buggers with more money than they know what to do with. I t was the big end of season dinner so it was a busy day/night.I just forgot how hard working in a kitchen can be.Now i know why i left the bloody job in the first place.....just of to make Sunday lunch!

Fuxake, are you asking me to paraphrase, edit and dissemble the crib notes for you and write the thing myself? <_< Surely it won't take much to source the main themes relevant to the question you've been set and re-write it in your own style? Lazy feckin' students... :rolleyes:

Never had the internet in my day to help with exams, weren't even allowed a calculator in a maths exam, best we could do was write the answers on our shirt sleeves and hope not to get caught...grumble, mutter...

In short, yes. ;)

Nah, I've already got loads of notes anyway. As long as I get 400 words done today I'll be happy.

No it was at the Golf club he works at in Edinburgh.But the members are fussy buggers with more money than they know what to do with. I t was the big end of season dinner so it was a busy day/night.I just forgot how hard working in a kitchen can be.Now i know why i left the bloody job in the first place.....just of to make Sunday lunch!

Ouch! We had a member's Dining Club in my family's restaurant business. The 'Members' were exactly that! <_<

If you haven't started yet, ditch your plans and eat out this lunchtime - give yourself a break! ;)

In short, yes. ;)

Nah, I've already got loads of notes anyway. As long as I get 400 words done today I'll be happy.

Tough! I already have other plans for today. :)

I've done what I can to help - you're on your own now! Good luck... ;)

Tough! I already have other plans for today. :)

I've done what I can to help - you're on your own now! Good luck... ;)

Was only joking mate. I really appreciate your "help" which involved you wasting 2 seconds of your life typing "Streetcar Named Desire" into Google. :lol:

Anyway, I must get on... 8)

Was only joking mate. I really appreciate your "help" which involved you wasting 2 seconds of your life typing "Streetcar Named Desire" into Google. :lol:

Anyway, I must get on... 8)

To be fair, I never studied that play myself, but do understand the mechanics of plot construction, similies, metaphor, characterisation, major themes etc and, if pressed, could construct a passable effort if needed.

Get something I did cover, Hamlet, Othello, most Dickens, Salinger, Brecht, Grass, O'Casey, G|olding, Buchan etc and I'll bore your arse off! :D

"Must get on" indeed...aye, they tins dinnae open themselves, I ken! :P:lol:

To be fair, I never studied that play myself, but do understand the mechanics of plot construction, similies, metaphor, characterisation, major themes etc and, if pressed, could construct a passable effort if needed.

Get something I did cover, Hamlet, Othello, most Dickens, Salinger, Brecht, Grass, O'Casey, G|olding, Buchan etc and I'll bore your arse off! :D

"Must get on" indeed...aye, they tins dinnae open themselves, I ken! :P:lol:

:lol:

The intro is done, about 250 words. I think I deserve a quick 5 minute break and then I'll crack on. 8)

good grief its only 1000 words! you want to try writing 5 or even 10, 20+ then the real challenge starts!

:lol:

It's obviously meant to be more, I just can't be arsed. I haven't the foggiest what I'm meant to be talking about. :(