Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I'm annoyed by all the hoo-ha about the France vs Ireland game last night. Perhaps not for the same reasons as other folk, but anyway...

I wasn't particularly wanting either team to win (I'm glad Ireland didn't actually, as they have that turncoat playing for them), but did feel a great sense of injustice for them when it was clear to see that Henry handled the ball, because they'd played well. Now, fair enough, as people rightly say, play to the whistle. And, I'm always a great advocate of doing whatever it takes to win, and would be hypocritical of me to say that I would be irate if a player in the teams I supported did the same thing to win a game.

However, if Ireland are so incensed about it, why were they all hugging Henry and shaking his hand after the game last night?

If I was in the opposite team from him after he 'helped' score the goal, I'd have crunched through him at the very next opportunity, hopefully leaving him in a crumpled heap on the deck, and refused to shake his hand after the game. Now, that's bad sportsmanship some will say, and fair enough.

But why were they all so sporting after the game if they are all so incensed about it now?

Edited by ShakehandsTom - DFC

Some fucking mate you are !! you left the guy to go to the hospital himself so you could run home and post it on here, w****r.

Except he was taken to hospital by the Ambulance and his flatmate dropped me off at home before going to the Western himself. What a *wanker* I am.

Edited by Ghoul of the Season

My PTTGOYN is that I will have to wake the dog up at some point and take him out for his evening walk in this monsoon

I do hope your mutt has the appropriate wet-weather gear, like so.....

post-1053-1258671713_thumb.jpg

.....camouflaged of course, I know what Clydebank at night can be like! :ph34r:

You, however, may get as wet as you like! :D

I do hope your mutt has the appropriate wet-weather gear, like so.....

post-1053-1258671713_thumb.jpg

.....camouflaged of course, I know what Clydebank at night can be like! :ph34r:

You, however, may get as wet as you like! :D

What is it with everyone slagging Clydebank today?

You live in Paisley you c**t, that's like Hell but with a worse traffic system! :P

Anyhoo, he's a designer pooch, he wears hoodies and t-shirts :lol: He does have a camouflage top but its only a t-shirt, this is hoody weather

What is it with everyone slagging Clydebank today?

You live in Paisley you c**t, that's like Hell but with a worse traffic system! :P

Anyhoo, he's a designer pooch, he wears hoodies and t-shirts :lol: He does have a camouflage top but its only a t-shirt, this is hoody weather

Doggie-Hoodie...

post-1053-1258672663_thumb.jpg

Designer Doggie-Bling...

post-1053-1258672647_thumb.jpg

I fear the worst! :P

I drove from Stirling to Arbroath tonight. Stirling to Perth was like sailing a fucking boat! It was insane. 40mph for big chunks of it, no visibility, so much standing water that my car would aquaplane frequently, and wet enough to give the engine a moment of hesitation in the big puddles. Im glad I got out of Stirling before it went underwater.

I drove from Stirling to Arbroath tonight. Stirling to Perth was like sailing a fucking boat! It was insane. 40mph for big chunks of it, no visibility, so much standing water that my car would aquaplane frequently, and wet enough to give the engine a moment of hesitation in the big puddles. Im glad I got out of Stirling before it went underwater.

Someone fell into the River Carron tonight down by the bus depot in Larbert.

Helicopters, fire engines, a squad of police officers. It might make the news tomorrow.

Someone fell into the River Carron tonight down by the bus depot in Larbert.

Helicopters, fire engines, a squad of police officers. It might make the news tomorrow.

It might bump Arbroath out of the news then! We seem to only get in the news when someone's been murdered <_<

I had the traffic update from hell too. As I was heading north towards Perth, the traffic update more or less described the exact route I was taking up, including the Broxden roundabout, the road to Dundee, and then the exact route through Dundee, all with varying degrees of flood and traffic. I stopped in Broxden services for a bit to let all the traffic and rain die down.

Its much drier up here.

If only you had kept your pirate alter-ego, this would have been a RTBC. :(

Still pouring it down in Stirling. I don't want to drown! :(

Will have to swim to school today at this rate... If it's on that is. :unsure:

You're up late if you've got school tomorrow, are you not?

The rain in Alloa has been unreal, probably the worst I've ever seen.