Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

eBay the first three, use the last one.

Job done.

Actually, a "reliever" sounds fun, send that to me.

I meant I have one reliever, and one preventer.

My bad.

I'm meant to get another one tomorrow though, the pharmacist didn't have any. I don't have a clue what's going on there.

Surely, though, if you have a preventer, then that's it prevented. You don't need any of that other guff...

The preventer is for morning and night, that's the proper one that I have to take.

The reliever is for when I feel out of breath, then I take two puffs of that, and it should relieve my out of breath-ness.

The preventer is for morning and night, that's the proper one that I have to take.

The reliever is for when I feel out of breath, then I take two puffs of that, and it should relieve my out of breath-ness.

Fantastic turn of phrase there! :lol: Take up smoking - you'll not notice the difference.

Incidentally, Hugh Fearnly-Whittingstall has just utterred "rabbity-ness", so you're in good company.

PS I've just discovered a PTTGOYN - my house-spiders haven't been doing their job properly. There's a nasty black fly buzzing round the lounge which is testing my "live and let live" ethos to the limit! <_< I can't really open the window for it to escape either - my flat would flood! :(

And I phoned my friend again just now - still no reply. Hope everything's okay. We're due to meet up tomorrow morning so I'll find out then, I hope! :(

Edited by Kilt

Fantastic turn of phrase there! :lol: Take up smoking - you'll not notice the difference.

PS I've just discovered a PTTGOYN - my house-spiders haven't been doing their job properly. There's a nasty black fly buzzing round the lounge which is testing my "live and let live" ethos to the limit! <_< I can't really open the window for it to escape either - my flat would flood! :(

Eat it.

Seriously, kill it, then eat it. Then its contributing to the circle of life, and providing you with key nutrients, just as Mother Earth wants you to have.

I mean, it involves you eating a fly, which is pretty manky, but if it really starts to annoy you, I'm providing a solution that fits in with your ethos.

Eat it.

Seriously, kill it, then eat it. Then its contributing to the circle of life, and providing you with key nutrients, just as Mother Earth wants you to have.

I mean, it involves you eating a fly, which is pretty manky, but if it really starts to annoy you, I'm providing a solution that fits in with your ethos.

Except, he's a veggie these days, so it would kind of piss all over his ethos.

Eat it.

But there's the flaw in your proposition. The first principle of my ethos is "An it harm none, do what you will". Sorry, but you've fallen at the first hurdle.

I have, however, left the lounge door and upstairs study door open. The study has big oak beams, as it's the top room of a converted old Kirk building, and I am trusting the fly will find its way up to the spiders' rooftop lair and nature will take its course. Thus, I will have a clear conscience, the brute beasts will have followed what is natural to them and one circle of life will have been completed.

Frank Booth will confirm that I am actually this deeply concerned about the "right thing to do"! :rolleyes:

But there's the flaw in your proposition. The first principle of my ethos is "An it harm none, do what you will". Sorry, but you've fallen at the first hurdle.

I have, however, left the lounge door and upstairs study door open. The study has big oak beams, as it's the top room of a converted old Kirk building, and I am trusting the fly will find its way up to the spiders' rooftop lair and nature will take its course. Thus, I will have a clear conscience, the brute beasts will have followed what is natural to them and one circle of life will have been completed.

That's manslaughter! In fact, I'd have you convicted murder, art and part, along with the spider.

Boo!

That's manslaughter! In fact, I'd have you convicted murder, art and part, along with the spider.

Boo!

No, I've taken an anodyne approach to the matter by my (almost) non-interventionist tactics, thus leaving the matter to resolve itself outwith my control, absolving me from any responsibility and allowing nature to take care of herself.

Now stop messing with my mind or I'll think my carrot sticks and broccoli pieces are looking at me funny! :P

Eat it.

He'd have ate it last week.

No, I've taken an anodyne approach to the matter by my (almost) non-interventionist tactics, thus leaving the matter to resolve itself outwith my control, absolving me from any responsibility and allowing nature to take care of herself.

Now stop messing with my mind or I'll think my carrot sticks and broccoli pieces are looking at me funny! :P

Now listen to me, you fly murdering Mafia man.

I don't care for your euphemisms. Everybody here knows what you mean when you say that you "trust the fly will find its way up to the spiders' rooftop lair". We're all equally sure that you're expecting the spider to "take care" of the fly.

You have knowingly and willingly sent that fly to an inevitable death! You are in complete control of the situation, and you know exactly how this is going to pan out. Don't think that by passing on the final blow to your arachnid underlings, you're passing on the responsibility for this monstrous act.

Make no mistake. You have murdered that fly just as if you'd caught him in your very own net before biting him, injecting your venom and watching him writhe in agony before the paralysis freezes his exoskeleton, and the very thoughts of his tiny, fly, mind.

Now listen to me, you fly murdering Mafia man......

I don't care for your euphemisms. Everybody here knows what you mean when you say that you "trust the fly will find its way up to the spiders' rooftop lair". We're all equally sure that you're expecting the spider to "take care" of the fly.

You have murdered that fly just as if you'd caught him in your very own net before biting him, injecting your venom and watching him writhe in agony before the paralysis freezes his exoskeleton, and the very thoughts of his tiny, fly, mind.

:huh: Stop it - you're getting scary now..... :o

But i woke up to find a large inflatable shark next to me in the paddling pool i slept in which is an upside

Whereas you're just getting wierd! :lol: