Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The talk of ferguson and mgGregor possibly returning for scotland under the next manager is doing my nut in. At the end of the day, they were pretty much "sacked" by the SFA for gross misconduct, so why should they be welcomed back? if that happened in a workplace outside of football, the other employees wouldnt be happy would they?

Fucking iTunes just took the liberty of deleting about 3000 songs for no reason, it's the second time this has happened. I fucking hate it.

Christ! Is that a common thing?

I'm just getting into iTunes, I've around 3500 songs on my laptop - can I back them up somewhere? If it deletes stuff I've purchased, is there any way to claim them back if that sort of thing happens?

Christ! Is that a common thing?

I'm just getting into iTunes, I've around 3500 songs on my laptop - can I back them up somewhere? If it deletes stuff I've purchased, is there any way to claim them back if that sort of thing happens?

I'm not sure about stuff you've purchased from iTunes, all my music on here comes from CDs. I'm not really sure how it works with backing it up; I've found most tracks tucked away in a folder where it appears to have backed up automatically, but there's a few that are gone completely and the last time this happened that folder wasn't there, so f**k knows really.

Has it actually deleted the files or just removed them from the main playlist?

This time, just removed them from the playlist it would seem, most files are in another part of the PC so I'm getting them copied back over. The last time it deleted them there was nothing though, had to spend several hours uploading it all again from my CDs.

And you paid for all these? Man that's harsh

Luckily not, I don't like buying things online, luddite that I am. Precisely in case something like this happens, and I have no idea what would happen if it was something you'd downloaded from them. It's the practical thing of putting it all back on the PC again.

I hate modern technology.

This time, just removed them from the playlist it would seem, most files are in another part of the PC so I'm getting them copied back over. The last time it deleted them there was nothing though, had to spend several hours uploading it all again from my CDs.

I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that it had something to do with the Playlist file being Read Only (when it wasn't supposed t be).

I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that it had something to do with the Playlist file being Read Only (when it wasn't supposed t be).

I find my iTunes takes the liberty of deleting stuff when a new big update has been downloaded then installed, thus wiping my 700+ songs. Luckily I can retrieve them from the external drive and put them back on. But it's a pain in the tits when it happens

I've just started getting into downloading music in quite a big way and now I'm a bit worried in case I lose my music - surely you can go to iTunes and say, I bought these songs from you and they've been deleted, can I have them back please?

I think they, on request, allow you to download your purchased music one more time (en masse).

Do they not give you a receipt after purchase?

I know that on my iPod when I download apps I get an email acknowledging this.

Certainly when I had forgotten my password I had to reset the whole thing, however I could download apps that I had downloaded before; all for free.

Is this the case for everyone?

Friend - What are you doing tonight?

Me - Nothing.

Friend - Want me to head to yours after football?

Me - If you want.

Friend - Okay.

Me - If you are driving, can you pick up the booze and I'll sort you out with the money when you get here?

Friend - I'm not drinking.

What the f**k are we going to do then, talk? :huh:

Edit-= I do feel quite bad about saying that now, but I still think it's a valid point.

Edited by Toma_BullyWee