Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I think the key word in this sentence is "supposed". ;)

The only 'loophole' is that if a kid's parents are divorced and one of them fills it in as a single parent despite the fact that they both contribute to the kid's upbringing. I wouldn't begrudge anyone getting £30 a week if their household income was less than £22k p/a

I have absolutely no idea tbh. But the amount of people I know who get it is astounding, so perhaps I'm wide off the mark and it's actually even higher than that. :huh:

Same, nearly everyone I know gets one.

Its shite too, they get it every 2 weeks. So its one payment of £60 quid. So every couple of weeks, everyones away to Stirling to spend there EMA on loads a shit. It really annoys me.

Edited by pencils

The thing is, the EMA is far too generous. That's why so many people get it (even the wealthier people). IMO it should be families on 15k a year and less who get it.* They are cutting back though, soon it'll be £30 payments only (they are getting rid of the £20 and £10 which I guess is a step in the right direction).

*This change should not be implemented until I've left. ;)

you do know that you can't get EMA next year though ;)

Strange deflection from laughing at handicapped .

I wasn't 'laughing at the handicapped'. The fact he was handicapped was only included in the story to explain why someone was making moaning noises throughout. Had it been a non handicapped child making funny noises during it I would have found it equally funny. It was a natural reaction and something I honestly could not help.

I was almost roaring with laughter during the minute's silence for the Queen Mother's funeral as the local Tryst fair was in town and while the crowd stood for the silence, circa 100 yards away there was pumping dance music and shouts of 'scream if you wanna go faster!'

Maybe I'm just a bad man.

Anyway, I've got to write an essay on Hadrian's Wall and I've got f**k all idea what to write. It's hard trying to focus when you know Modern Warfare 2 is only a room away! :(

Anyway, I've got to write an essay on Hadrian's Wall and I've got f**k all idea what to write. It's hard trying to focus when you know Modern Warfare 2 is only a room away! :(

and when you're boasting about having an EMA on here ;)

up to £20,817 - £30

£20,818- £25,521 - £20

£23,521 - £30,810 - £10

That's the payment plan and it takes in total household income (both parents).

I don't have a problem with that. I wouldn't like to try and raise a kid on a household income of less than £30k. The only downside is that I'd prefer some if not all of the money went to the parents because you just know the kid will spend it on rubbish.

and when you're boasting about having an EMA on here ;)

:P

I just cannae be arsed tbh, it's a complete waste of time. <_<

It doesn't help that my head feels like it's about to explode, either.

up to £20,817 - £30

£20,818- £25,521 - £20

£25,521 - £30,810 - £10

That's the payment plan and it takes in total household income (both parents).

I applied for that, and I didn't get anything back.

My mum earns £22,000 (roughly) p/a, so if you've got a single parent the ruling is different.

Either that, or they scrapped the £20 one for single parents. The letter didn't explain much.

I don't have a problem with that. I wouldn't like to try and raise a kid on a household income of less than £30k. The only downside is that I'd prefer some if not all of the money went to the parents because you just know the kid will spend it on rubbish.

I may be way off here but don't you need a certain percentage of attendence to get these? If the kid doesn't get it they might not bother turning up.

I may be way off here but don't you need a certain percentage of attendence to get these? If the kid doesn't get it they might not bother turning up.

You need to be in school on time every day.

If you're off once, without a doctor's note, you don't get it for that week.

Something like that, anyway.

Edited by Smurph

yeah, you need to turn up for at least 80% of classes or you aren't able to get the money