Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Edinburgh city council hates drivers,regardless of what party is in power.The officials have never forgiven the citizens for voting down their beloved congestion charge.

But they carried on with closing of rat runs,installing speed ramps that would give a tiger tank a run for it money,instigating one way systems etc etc.Oh and some of the highest parking fees known to man ,and traffic enforcers that were trained by the Third Reich.

Apart from that it is fine.

The bus lanes do my nut in because I don't drive in Edinburgh enough to know when I can drive in them. 

Oh and some of the highest parking fees known to man

Seen a wee VW near the meadows this morning with three parking tickets strapped to the windshield :lol:

Got done myself a few months back. £30 for parking half a dozen feet from where I shoulda been.

Roadworks aren't that bad whenever I drive between Fife and Edinburgh. Lothian Road's the busiest road I touch and it's pretty fine. FFS Cowdenbeath is where the roadworks cut me up.

We had a tannoy today at the end of school to say that their had been a serious incedant, and the school would be used as an evacuation point. I was a wee bit worried, and just wanted to get home to see what happened. I then got home and asked my Dad what happened. It turns out his work was on fire :(

Its almost certain he's out a job now! Fucking gutted.

Edited by pencils

We had a tannoy today at the end of school to say that their had been a serious , and the school would be used as an evacuation point. I was a wee bit worried, and just wanted to get home to see what happened. I the got home and asked my Dad what happened, it turns out his work was on fire :(

Its almost certain he's out a job now! Fucking gutted.

Stop, take a deep breath, and think about what exactly you are trying to say here. Because you are making no fucking sense.

Guest The Phoenix
Stop, take a deep breath, and think about what exactly you are trying to say here. Because you are making no fucking sense.

His Dad worked at the cigarette paper factory in Alva that was destroyed by fire.

Really sorry to hear your news, pencils. :(

His Dad worked at the cigarette paper factory in Alva that was destroyed by fire.

Really sorry to hear your news, pencils. :(

Cheers man. Hopfully they've managed to contain to a certain area, but from what we've heard it doesn't look too good.

My Dad's firm do quite a bit of work for that factory too, they just finished on Friday installing the foundations for a new set of machines they were getting in.

Call of duty, modern warfare 2. It's all ive fucking heard at work today with the young yins today, fucking creaming themselves they are. My youngest has taken 2 days off work just to sit on his arse and play it. I mean WTF, over a stupid fucking game. The yoof of today need to get out more <_<

Aye, this CoD obsession is tragic. I've actually got off lightly. Given that i've got uni work to get on with, I've not seen any of my non-uni mates. Accordingly, i don't have to suffer their pish about how good CoD is.

Fucking geeks.

There were people queueing outside Gamestation in Glasgow last night at half 11 to get a copy.

Jesus wept.

Yeh, my flatmate went to Game in Stirling at midnight last night to buy it, then got a train back to Edinburgh at 11 this morning so he could play it, and he's getting the train back tomorrow morning for classes.

Just wait til the weekend!

Aye, a couple of my pals went to Asda Toryglen last night at midnight to queue for it. Apparently there was at least 300 people there (they were each given individual cards with numbers on them :wacko:) of all ages. And I know of at least one person that took today off school to stay at home and play it. Urgh.

Call of duty, modern warfare 2. It's all ive fucking heard at work today with the young yins today, fucking creaming themselves they are. My youngest has taken 2 days off work just to sit on his arse and play it. I mean WTF, over a stupid fucking game. The yoof of today need to get out more <_<

One of the guitarists in my band has taken the WEEK off work for it.

:lol: