Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I hear that using a metal pipe which is enclosed at one end but open at the other makes an excellent shoulder mounted rocket launcher :ph34r:

Whoever you heard that from, because that doesn't sound like the sort of thing you would do, did they just light the rocket and drop it in mortar style? I heard that the most effective shoulder mounted rocket launcher was actually a thin plastic pipe. I gather than you can drop the firework in, but put the wooden stick over the edge, for easy lighting and precision aiming. :ph34r:

Whoever you heard that from, because that doesn't sound like the sort of thing you would do, did they just light the rocket and drop it in mortar style? I heard that the most effective shoulder mounted rocket launcher was actually a thin plastic pipe. I gather than you can drop the firework in, but put the wooden stick over the edge, for easy lighting and precision aiming. :ph34r:

The rockets 'my mate' had were massive. The head section was about the size of 500ml bottle of Irn-Bru, only fatter and the stick was about 3-4 ft long. The large piece of piping 'he' had was roughly the same length as the stick so the head was neatly just below the top of the pipe so it could be lit 'safely' and pushed back in. It gave an amazing accuracy and fired out at the required trajectory.

If Al-Qaeda were being bombarded with these bad boys on a daily basis they'd have surrendered by now.

Edited by Fudge

The rockets 'my mate' had were massive. The head section was about the size of 500ml bottle of Irn-Bru, only fatter and the stick was about 3-4 ft long. The large piece of piping 'he' had was roughly the same length as the stick so the head was neatly just below the top of the pipe so it could be lit 'safely' and pushed back in. It gave an amazing accuracy and fired out at the required trajectory.

If Al-Qaeda were being bombarded with these bad boys on a daily basis they'd have surrendered by now.

Awesome! :wub:

I would be very interested in getting involved with some rocket fire with 'your mate'. Not in a gay way though. Where did 'your mate' get such things from, and how much did they cost 'him'?

Awesome! :wub:

I would be very interested in getting involved with some rocket fire with 'your mate'. Not in a gay way though. Where did 'your mate' get such things from, and how much did they cost 'him'?

I believe some of them were purchased from Lidl and can surely be the biggest rockets on legal sale to joe public while another set of even bigger rockets were purched from an unknown 'Asian' shop by another friend. These were not on general display and so their legality remains doubtful.

I'm gutted I missed out on the fun this year, but it has only encouraged me to procure a bigger and more impressive arsenal next year.

My friend lives by Kings Park in Stirling and her two wee kittens were unphased by the racket tonight. I'm glad to see that not all cats are wimps!

Edited by Fudge

I believe some of them were purchased from Lidl and can surely be the biggest rockets on legal sale to joe public while another set of even bigger rockets were purched from an unknown 'Asian' shop by another friend. These were not on general display and so their legality remains doubtful.

I hope Lidl are still selling them tomorrow, I haven't got round to it yet! I might just stockpile me an arsenal if they're still on sale. For in case burglers come in.