Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Despite posting in the RTBC thread a lot today, I'm actually at deaths door. :(

Lost my voice, constant sore and itchy throat, coughing up gunk, aches, the lot. I've upgraded my condition from "a bit peaky but otherwise well", to "deaths door". Women might have a variety of conditions, but I believe, like David Mitchell that men only have two settings. "Well", and "Dying".

My PTTGOYN is the fact I changed my availability in work so I could go to my team's training on a Monday, only to turn up tonight to be told the under 19's team has folded and joined the amateurs.

Now this doesn't seem bad, but they play on a Saturday and I can't opt out of a Saturday in work.

Raging.

Guest The Phoenix
Lost my voice, constant sore and itchy throat, coughing up gunk, aches, the lot.

I have all of the above but I continue to execute the full range of my responsibilities, without complaint.

Man up, ya wimp.

I have all of the above but I continue to execute the full range of my responsibilities, without complaint.

Man up, ya wimp.

Aye, but my responsibilities are slightly more challenging than dribbling, complaining about young people, and regaling folk with tales of the great war! :P

Not much more challenging mind. :ph34r:

Edited to add, I've got the feeling that it is contagious, and given the number of students in the uni (even though its mid semester), then its best I quarantine myself!

Edited by Xbass Threepwood

Guest The Phoenix
Didn't get the promotion I was after. :(

First time I've ever seen "too concise" and "too focused on delivery" in the negative feedback section before. That's civil service for you!

CSA Victoria Road?

Guest The Phoenix
Fast Stream. Clearly waffle and "blue sky thinking" are the way forward.

Always have been - just called different things over the years.

Do you mean you're on the Management Fast Stream or is that part of the set up?

Guest The Phoenix
Nah, I applied to join the Fast Stream programme. Pased first two stages in Scotland, but failed the last part in London. Not too big a deal to be fair, on temporary promotion anyway and the job I'm doing temporarily will be created as a new position so I can apply for it.

I'm annoyed with the feedback though, because it is all very woolly and suggesting that they're just interested in candidates that come up with original (read "outlandish") ideas and can blether a lot. I actually got marked down for using a humanitarian argument in the group discussion, because it wasn't "the policy lead" I was to follow. It's disappointing that it shows up a lot that's wrong with the civil service. Not the most delivery orientated organisation at times!

I sat through a 4hr meeting today where two heads of depts went round and round in a circular argument until I pointed out that one of their solutions was actually illegal (breach of DPA), and the other we had no resource for (it would've required at least 2 full-time posts). Seriously, I can't believe that I had to point out these things and then come up with a solution even though I was the most junior officer in the room - it's actually depressing when you think that's probably right across the civil service.

I know several of the senior managers in Victoria Road, one is ok, the others, well let's just say Mmmm...

I can't believe that I had to point out these things and then come up with a solution even though I was the most junior officer in the room - it's actually depressing when you think that's probably right across the civil service.

I can believe it, mate! And it is right across the Civil Service too! It's not what you know, it's who you know! <_<