Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Let's face it, most "classic" books are shite.

I was forced to do Brave New World at Higher English and I hated it. Utterly despised it. A horrible, horrible read for a fifteen-year-old kid.

To Kill A Mockingbird was one that I actually did get to read in school. I don't even remember finishing it to be honest. We had a habit of doing that as we never finished Of Mice and Men or The Pearl either. I never saw the point in starting books if we weren't going to finish them. Thus, I found everything we did incredibly boring.

We did Of Mice and Men and finished it. I enjoyed it and have read it since school. We also did Sunset Song, didn't finish it and hated it.

Books I did read at school and enjoyed and finished - Animal Farm, Brighton Rock and Empire of the Sun. I read these every year or so, I still like them. :)

Let's face it, most "classic" books are shite.

I was forced to do Brave New World at Higher English and I hated it. Utterly despised it. A horrible, horrible read for a fifteen-year-old kid.

I read it in my thirties and i hated it then..

<br />When you get on a bus and the driver starts driving the bus again before you've got to a seat.<br />

not exactly the red balls on Wipe Out is it.

Carrying on from the discussion about classic books being shite, I quite enjoyed Lord of the Flies when I thought I was going to do it for my personal study. Wasn't the most exciting of books but it was a decent read nonetheless. Decided to do it on Treasure Island and it's probably my favourite book, and that's classified as a classic too.

Freak.